Who's all clothesline drying?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Heloise

Who's all clothesline drying?

Post by Heloise »

Fun topic!

Now that the warmer weather is here, who all is clothesline drying?

- Do you have a line-full of laundry out drying today?

- When was the last time you hung laundry out on your line?

- Do you give your clothesline a good wiping-down (before using) after the winter season?

- Hands-up if you cloth diapered back in the day and line-dried diapers?
ownedbydogs

Re: Who's all clothesline drying?

Post by ownedbydogs »

I don't line dry now because of back problems, but I did back in the day. Even diapers. My "baby" was 44 yesterday, so cloth diapers were a few yrs ago. Lol
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

ownedbydogs wrote:I don't line dry now because of back problems, but I did back in the day. Even diapers. My "baby" was 44 yesterday, so cloth diapers were a few yrs ago. Lol
I'm sorry to hear about your back, ownedbydogs. Back pain and woes is no fun. My husband fell on ice a number of years ago and I've never seen someone suffer from so much pain. He recovered through physiotherapy and treatment.

LOL! Yes I should say that the days of diapers are far behind you! Me, too... really... as my last child was in diapers around 1993, so coming on roughly 24 years ago for me, but diapers and pants (rubber) proudly hung from my clothesline, too!
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Should mention, last laundry load for me was Sunday, and yes, dried on the line!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

It has been pretty cold and rainy on the day I wash so no line drying outside as of yet. I hope to start up again next week providing the weather holds.

I line dry in the basement a few loads every week (some clothing we have can not be put in the drier or it shrinks), so I line dried inside all winter long. Outside the last load I put out was sometime in October.

Diapers were a long time ago, our baby turned 35 in October.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Jackielou wrote:It has been pretty cold and rainy on the day I wash so no line drying outside as of yet. I hope to start up again next week providing the weather holds.

I line dry in the basement a few loads every week (some clothing we have can not be put in the drier or it shrinks), so I line dried inside all winter long. Outside the last load I put out was sometime in October.

Diapers were a long time ago, our baby turned 35 in October.
Our weather has been atrocious since Sunday! Rain, cloud, cold, overcast... so undecided. I'm running my dryer today, which I hate, compared to line drying, but the weather is just too unpredictable today and I HATE scrambling to take laundry down! been there - done that!

35 years ago I was changing my oldest nieces and nephews! Cloth diapers and rubber pants for them, too!