Daily Check in Sept 26, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 26, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning folks,

Hubby got home safely. Ds drove home safely from the football game. Now it is a matter of waiting for the service tech to come and find out why my refrigerator is not chilling.

no use to go to the grocery store at this point. But I need to crank on my quilt. I want to be finished by next weekend to send it a week from Monday. Hubby got 2 loads in the wash yesterday, I have it going for this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Up, having coffee, and happy that the entire house has power now, not just portions of it (and crazy portions at that, sometimes it was portions of portions).

I will be heading out the door shortly for my morning walk and then getting ready for my trip into the big city. I will be picking up youngest DS and heading out for a bit of shopping at a Fabric store, Micheal's, and of course Costco. Hoping to get stocked up on a few things we have run out of over the last little while. I am also hoping to pick up some great deals on veggies and fruit. Noticed the last time that Costco has some very good fruit prices.

Once Hubby is up and dressed I will have him put the cooler in the back of the vehicle and I will grab some reusable bags.

Won't be doing any knitting today, but I should still be able to finish all the mittens before the end of the upcoming week (really hoping to finish by Monday). Time is becoming shorter and shorter.

I will have a bit of a meal out with DS and Hubby can polish off the leftovers.

Off to get dressed, out for my walk and ready for a new day.

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to get out with DS by myself. It is nice for me to have some bonding time as well.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Good Morning All...

It is a cool and lovely morning and the sun is just starting to shine.

Little man #1 has to write 15 sentences this morning...for his naughty behavior at school yesterday ... so I am enjoying my coffee and catching up on surveys and emails while he works away. He detests this form of discipline above all else...so hopefully the lesson will be learned.

Heading outside when he is finished to rake up the outdoor area of my fenced in cat enclosure and put down fresh straw for them to enjoy. Will get their little building swept out as well and ready for the eight warm kitty beds we'll be making.

Breakfast was oatmeal - from scratch - with brown sugar, cinnamon and diced apple. It really tasted good this morning. Scalloped potatoes for dinner later and we'll just do PBJ for lunch.

So very busy these days...not much time to check in here...so if I am missing anything critical regarding anyone...I do apologize and please know that you are all special to me! Have a wonderful weekend.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Enjoy your trip to the city, Jackie.

Mom and I will go to Aldi today. Last week we went to Aldi on Friday afternoon and they were out of many things so decided to go on Saturday this week instead.

I had coffee with 2 friends yesterday and got caught up on the gossip at my former company. The company is struggling big time and I am so glad I'm out of there. They need new management. Then I had lunch with another friend I see only once or twice a year. The restaurant was OK, not as good as it looked on paper, but I brought home half my sandwich. He's been dealing with his FIL who sounds like a hoarder. Just hearing his stories made me want to declutter my house even more. Both the coffee and lunch were frugal because I used a giftcard earned at Swagbucks at Starbucks and my friend treated me to lunch for my birthday. I paid the tip.

I noticed yesterday that gas is down to $1.90.

Have a good day.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

A brilliant red sunset last night promised fine weather today, and the promise has indeed been kept.

I decide to get my chores done this morning so I can go out to play this afternoon.

There was no one else in the laundry room this morning so I was able to get two loads done at the same time. I also took down the recycling and watered the pot of flowers at the front door.

I have a pot of lentil soup simmering on the stove. When the lentils and carrots soften up a bit more I will add some kale.

When I went into the crisper for the veggies I found some brussel sprouts i had forgotten about, so think i will make an oven dish of chicken and roasted vegetables for supper. I have some smoked turkey breast i can have for lunch.

This afternoon I may walk over to the reference library and spend an hour or so looking at art books.

Now i need to go and clean up the kitchen from my soup prep and get the laundry put away.

Take care,
AnneX
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired this morning. It took me what seemed like forever to get to sleep last night.

I did a lot of putting away and decluttering. There is still a lot to do, but I know I did a lot for my limited energy.

I have a lot of yarn I bought just for specific projects, they are all knit, since I really didn’t like the yarn so I will be giving that away. Plus I have yarn that I changed my mind about. I can’t return it. So it is going too.

I have chosen most of the Christmas gifts I plan to knit. I have a several finished. Some people are more difficult choose the item to knit for them.

My ride is late today, there was a major accident on the highway between us.

I was able to get almost everything on my list they don’t carry the beef broth I like so I will have to check at Walmart. I think I bought it there last time.

Penny