Daily Check In May 21, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In May 21, 2017

Post by clemencia2us »

Another dreary day here in south texas. At least the temps are in the 70s! And the wind has gone away. We didn't get any rain though. I guess we need it. Starting to look dry and dusty out there.

I don't water my lawn except around the garden area and the dog area. Other than that - it goes dormant. Too bad - we live basically in a desert so why not look like it -lol.

Guess it will be another day of hanging around the house. I did make breakfast - wow - that is a first.

Have a great day all

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Well, a new day with the roof finished and the dump trailer gone. However, the A/C has gone out. :roll: I replaced the batteries and flipped the breaker off then back on. Nothing. Not even the fan. Yesterday, we had that power outage and it may have damaged the A/C although I would have thought that I would have noticed it before evening. :? We keep the house around 82F, so the A/C doesn't come on that often most days. Well, I tried what I knew to try. The power outage did apparently confused the network drive and it had to be shut off and then restarted. Well, we have fans and it is supposed to be overcast this afternoon. To reduce house heat, I made coffee on the porch. Hubs pointed out that if I had a hot plate I could cook out there as well. I said I would like that. So I asked him to research it. I will move the porch furniture around to set up for it. Reducing the house heat in the summer gives me a happy frugal feeling. Most of the light bulbs have been replaced as they burn out with LED to reduce heat. My next project is the homemade storm windows.

Hubs is feeling better today. The Rx medication is known to take a few days to reach its potential in some people. He is getting in and out of bed without me and today did not need me in the bathroom either. :) Today, we will try a shower.

I didn't mess with my plants yesterday. The dump trailer didn't get pulled away until mid afternoon and I was more concerned about picking up loose nails and roofing staples. I went over the yard at least 3 times. Funny, even though it was the same area, I found more each time. It was a hot day yesterday, a record breaking 98F. I can't stay out in that kind of heat too long anymore.

Today is grocery store day, cleaning up from all this week's projects, moving furniture, treating the cat mites and whatever shouts at me. Have a good day all.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

It has been hot here. I went to a couple of events yesterday but did not stay long at either one because of the heat. I am supposed to go to an outdoor baby shower today but will be skipping that. I have the shower gifts ready so I will let me friends know to pick them up. Baby is not due until July so they have plenty of time. I work every day for the next three weeks (in the heat) so I need days where I can stay indoors where it's cool.

My big summer project will be cleaning the garage, replacing the garage door and ??? I bought a new-to-me red SUV with black interior so it gets quite hot. I want to keep the paint nice so I will be parking it in the garage as soon as the door is replaced. I am keeping my Sienna because the mileage is low and I love that van! My son will use it for school.

My son just started working graveyard shifts at his job so we are trying to adjust to it. He has a fan in the bedroom to provide white noise plus the blinds are closed so hopefully he can get the sleep he needs. I'm not sure how long he will be on this schedule but will make adjustments as needed. Thankfully his job is only about a mile from the house so he has no commute to worry about.

Bev

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Afternoon all,

Add me to the list of those taking it easy today. It was so gloomy yesterday and more storms and rain last night. It kind of took the starch out of me. ;)

I have been doing chores, and reading most of today. The sun is finally out and temps are comfy, but it is muddy so no outdoor work. :?

Before the evening storms moved thru last night, I had deer walking thru my yard. Only about 15 feet from my windows... didn't seem scared or in a hurry at all. I love living in a woods.....so much to see.

Hamburgers for supper, salad and melon....
Off to continue doing whatever I want :D
Have a great day all,
JCKitty

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Afternoon folks,

I got up early and worked at the Community Sunday (donut Sunday) at Church, then left there and went to DS1's for lunch. My DIL had other plans again. Not sure what the deal was. But when I attended Mass, a band family (the student graduated last year) came in. The Wife said "I see "S" (the soon-to-b-ex) is at the grand Canyon. You did not go with him?" I was able to gracefully say "we split up last Fall". Rather than "He decided he no longer wanted to be married to me." So I feel that is progress.

No I am home, I texted Mom to see how she was. She said doing better. She went to my Nephew's graduation yesterday. She asked if I was coming up. I need to do more studying today. DS2 is off helping his GF with her physics project.

Enjoy the rest of the day,
Maggie

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dgflorida wrote:Good morning all,

Well, a new day with the roof finished and the dump trailer gone. However, the A/C has gone out. :roll: I replaced the batteries and flipped the breaker off then back on. Nothing. Not even the fan. Yesterday, we had that power outage and it may have damaged the A/C although I would have thought that I would have noticed it before evening. :? We keep the house around 82F, so the A/C doesn't come on that often most days. Well, I tried what I knew to try. The power outage did apparently confused the network drive and it had to be shut off and then restarted. Well, we have fans and it is supposed to be overcast this afternoon. To reduce house heat, I made coffee on the porch. Hubs pointed out that if I had a hot plate I could cook out there as well. I said I would like that. So I asked him to research it. I will move the porch furniture around to set up for it. Reducing the house heat in the summer gives me a happy frugal feeling. Most of the light bulbs have been replaced as they burn out with LED to reduce heat. My next project is the homemade storm windows.

Hubs is feeling better today. The Rx medication is known to take a few days to reach its potential in some people. He is getting in and out of bed without me and today did not need me in the bathroom either. :) Today, we will try a shower.

I didn't mess with my plants yesterday. The dump trailer didn't get pulled away until mid afternoon and I was more concerned about picking up loose nails and roofing staples. I went over the yard at least 3 times. Funny, even though it was the same area, I found more each time. It was a hot day yesterday, a record breaking 98F. I can't stay out in that kind of heat too long anymore.

Today is grocery store day, cleaning up from all this week's projects, moving furniture, treating the cat mites and whatever shouts at me. Have a good day all.
Hurrah, I'm glad that your DH is feeling better and able to do more for himself. Makes life easier.

IC