Daily Check In May 21, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 21, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Just getting us started. I need more coffee. Back real soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 21, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in this morning so it is a very good thing that we went to Mass last evening. It has been many years since I attended a Saturday night Mass, and Hubby never has before.

Today has dawned sunny with very little wind. I am hopeful that the rain that is predicted holds off until very late this afternoon, or misses us all together. I do have to water plants today, but as the rain barrel is pretty darn full, I am looking forward to the chore. Just a couple of watering cans to haul around, no long hoses to drag around as of yet.

I actually slept most of yesterday away and so did not accomplish much over and above my to do list. I am hopeful that today sees a bit of a change in that department or I will never finish my goal list again this month.

Frugality wise I will be using rain from the rain barrel to water my plants, preparing and eating meals here at home, reading my downloaded book for entertainment, taking a walk for exercise, having a no spend day, and just basically doing a few odd jobs in the yard for even more exercise (weeding the hosta bed for one). Planning on baking a couple of loafs of bread and perhaps a cake as well.

I also want to get a bit of decluttering done. I have kind of fallen behind on this area over the past month and need to pick it up on the decluttering front.

Supper this evening is going to be roast beef, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and what is left of the salad from last night.

Today I am grateful that I actually got a bit of a lie in this morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all,
Dh and I are off to DGD's soccer game. Beautiful weather.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone

More torrential storms overnight but the sun is trying to appear now. Still very windy, though. jeesh...

No real news - just checking in. I'll go see Daddy after lunch and then just some general tidying up. Newspapers on the floor next to my chair are a real hazard so they'll be gone soon!

Willow (our cat) was frantic to get out of her room this morning - too much thunder for her. I spent some time with her and now she has calmed down a lot. Poor baby!!!

See you all later. Stay safe and be nice to people even if they don't seem to deserve it!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackie, what time is dinner?? I'll be over YUM!!! Ill bring raisin bread that I baked yesterday, or fresh cookies, let me know which LOL :D :!:

Good morning,

BB walked, breakfast had, I'm in the backyard by the pool reading the newspaper.

Skimmed the pool and planning a couple of phone calls to friends.

I've been cleaning out Dh's room, and now I'm able to get to one of his bookcases, magazines from the 1980's are going OUT!!! My recycle bin will be full this week. YEAH!!!

My stepsister sent me the nicest note yesterday snail mail, so cool to receive mail!

Hugs all around please take one or two and pass them around.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, your supper sounds delicious.

I am being lazy today. Got the chores done yesterday and am just going to rest. Been playing a little with the dogs and reading this morning.
Mackie