So this is to cool for school :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: So this is to cool for school :-)

Post by clemencia2us »

I've tried that kaboom and it is strong!

I normally use Scrubbing Bubbles. I don't even wipe it off, just spray a light film after I shower and let it do its thing. They used to sell a contraption that was an auto sprayer for this. I just did it myself. Same thing I figured.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Gayle,

Please, no offence is taken, I did not take it that way 8-)

DH says that he does not think that it is mold??????? whatever, it is getting clean now, it may take a few days, an hour or so at a time, I am quite pleased with the progress that has been made so far.

DH is claiming that he did keep the shower clean before he stopped using it. HUH!!!!!! I don't think so, whatever.

I'm proud of myself for asking for pay to clean it.

Gayle, I'm sorry that your DH is not treating you right :x . I don't have kids, so I don't know what to say to you. :(

IC Hugs to you my friend.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Still working on cleaning the shower, not 24/7 :D

I have gone though one roll of paper towels and one bottle of kaboom, luckily for me I bought a 2nd bottle at the store today.

So this is cool, I told DH that I think that I was under charging him for cleaning the shower and he told me to charge what I thought was fair, I told him a million dollars. LOL :lol: I'll see how long it takes and decide then.

IC

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Part of what is taking so long is that I'm using a bucket for the water, I don't want to try the shower head, besides it does not have a sprayer on it.

IC

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I like the idea of charging (in my case, paying myself) the amount of money I would have to pay to get a job done. The passenger side mirror on my 2003 Toyota Corolla was broken off so I need to replace it. The dealership wanted $459.00 for parts and labor. I can buy the part for $50 or less and follow the u tube video to install it. I figure $400 saved. $135.00 of that will pay for my Sirius subscription for a year. $265.00 will almost pay for the Vitamix I bought on sale at Costco last week. Since I have gone vegetarian (and will eventually go vegan) this is proving to be very handy along with my Nutribullet.

I will hand wax and detail my vehicles over the summer. About $500 save to go towards my new garage door. The rest of that cost will come from subbing jobs I have been and will doing steadily over the next 2 weeks.

I will be looking at other savings from DYI projects along with what I hope to eventually save in food costs by going vegan.

Bev

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Bev,

I love the way that you think. :D

Back in the "day" I would go by the guide of how many hours would I have to work to afford to buy this or that, I really should start thinking that way again. 8-)

Right now I am going though a "buying" spree, I bought a food saver and I am buying bags and container's for it. Love the foodsaver.

My new camera has arrived and I am taking photos of the shower as I am cleaning it. I wish that I had it when I started cleaning, but I am glad that I have started cleaning the shower.

IC