Daily Check in June 1, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 1, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I slept in again this morning.
I still have not gotten a call form my hopefully-soon-to-be-employer. So waiting on that. I have class this afternoon.

I plan on preparing all food at home today. I do not plan to spend today. It is pretty out, so I should take a walk this morning.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Carleen

Re: Daily Check in June 1, 2017

Post by Carleen »

Good Morning, Maggie and Everyone Else!!! AND HAPPY JUNE!!!

I got the first phase of my root canal done by the endodontist yesterday and the second phase (crown) will be done soon. I have to make an appointment for that with my dentist.

Next week I will be getting pre-op labs and then the pre-op physical for my up-coming knee surgery. Oh, the questions they ask: Do you have any bullets or shrapnel in your body? Um, let me think about that for a minute. Well, I guess I don't. jeesh... It appears to me that sometimes people forget what is actually in there and have to be asked.

I'll go see my father after lunch. Otherwise I'll be just puttering around - a nice easy day for me and no spending other than the gas which is a daily thing. See you all later. Have a grand day - or pretend even if it's not so grand! And don't forget to smile.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Already did a bit of morning housework, but things are once again cleaned up. I really hate having to do it first thing in the morning, but, well, those types of clean up seem to pop up through the night. Done now though, so hopefully we are set for awhile.

It is supposed to get very warm today, I actually think I may be wearing shorts instead of capris and I am sure glad I went shopping yesterday. Funny thing about the weather is that it is supposed to get very warm today and then the temperature is supposed to fall again. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get a good summer again (we really haven't had what could be classified as a nice summer since around 2013). Sure we get the occasional hot day, but nothing like it used to be at all where we would have stretches of the hottest weather in Canada for weeks at a time.

I have the windows open to take advantage of the errant breezes this morning. They will be closed later, I am just hopeful of keeping the air conditioning off as long as possible.

Frugality wise since shopping and errands were done yesterday, and now I am set up to do my car plates on line I plan on staying home and resting.... Well not really resting as I hope to get some yard work completed as well as some patterns pinned to fabric and cut. I want to keep the sewing mojo going if at all possible for as long as is possible.

As is usual, meals will be prepared here at home using items that I have on hand. In point of fact today will be a use it up from the freezer day hopefully.

I will go for my morning walk fairly shortly. Still trying to walk the same distance, but some mornings it is just a bit hard on the hips (that one hill to climb is a bit of a problem some mornings) and I cut it a few blocks short.

I finished one library book yesterday and have started the second. Hopefully it will be done soon, it all depends how interested in it I get.

Did up the final budget yesterday and while we were under our overall budget, there is still a great deal of room for improvement. I just have to keep plugging away and see how things go.

Supper tonight is going to be a package of cabbage bread from the freezer downstairs. I am slowly but surely making my way through the meals I have in the big freezer. Since it is going to be so warm today, something I can pop into the microwave is just perfect.

Today I am grateful for friends that encourage me.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It is hard to believe that it is June.

It is another hot day here. A few days ago the weather forecast said 50% chance of rain for Thurs., Fri. and Sat., but now they say the rain today will be mostly inland which doesn't help us. We may get some rain tomorrow they say (crossing my fingers).

Yesterday I got quite a bit done. I had a dentist appt. in the morning and got a mostly good report. Mom and I were going to go to Publix but she was very tired. So I did laundry at her house instead. I went to Publix by myself on my way home and will take her groceries to her this morning.

At my house I did a lot of clipping and watering of my plants. Our association is upgrading/adding to the sprinklers that water the grass but I will still need to water my own plants which is fine. Then I did my own laundry.

Gas went up more than .20 in one day here. I bought it at $2.16 a few days ago and it dropped to $2.14 but yesterday all of the stations were $2.35.

Mom got a letter yesterday that her homeowners insurance would not be renewed because they say her roof is more than 25 years old. Ah, no. She had her roof replaced four years ago. I called the phone number and got no help so today will go into her agent, AAA Insurance. Her actual agent retired so I'll have to talk with someone new. Mom has the insurer "of last resort" here in Florida, the state-run insurance, because she lives so close to the coast but we were very happy with them when her tree fell and damaged her property. I'm sure that it will get straightened out but it is a pain. Luckily her policy does not come due until November so we have time to sort it out.

Have a good day.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Another beautiful day in Tennessee. I hope to get a lot accomplished today.

I will run errands before doing anything around the house today, want to get those out of the way before it gets to hot. I need to go to Walmart to pick up my meds prescription and return some odds and ends to Lowes that we didn't use on the rentals. I also want to pick up a few groceries and will do that while at Walmart, so I want be traveling to far out of my way today.

While it was cool last night, I got about half of my shrubs trimmed on the front, want to finish that today and then rake up the stuff I cut off to take to the landfill. I will also continue to work on cleaning and respraying the patio furniture. Somehow, I've gotten side-tracked on that chore.

I had thought I would make some colorful tags for my luggage. It is black and so is half of the people traveling and it's difficult to spot right away. Since I still have several trips this year I need a better method than a piece of yarn tied around the handles, kinda looks tacky. I found some on E-bay for $.88 cents each so I ordered 4 of them yesterday instead of making them. I am anxious to see if they are what I need and if they aren't I haven't wasted much money and i will make some.

Jackie, I meant to tell you that I ate a pastie while I was traveling and did get over into canadian waters when we went through the boat locks on the tour. I thought about you. First time for both events. LOL

Had another great night of sleep and am thankful for all of you.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Gm everybody! :D Today is the first of June-new start for budgeting for this month. I do have to account for the end of the year school and grad activities. Oh that reminds me to get a gift card to Olive Garden from my cc rewards account so we can have a nice grad dinner with our family. We also have an upcoming tournament in LA but Idk now if Preston will heal in time. Last night at practice his ankle rolled over he two people who were guarding him and he is limping and it is swollen. Sigh-so I did make him go to school bc the appt is at 3;30 pm bc I did not want him to miss anymore school(he was off one day last week for a Reno tournament) and if he wanted to still go to bb practice tonight if just to sit and watch he can go to school I figure! We will see,I will probably pick him up early for the dr appt. If he cannot play they will be out two good players already. Well it will save me money bc then we don't have to go to LA where the hotels are extremely expensive in my eyes-ranging 200./night that week! I think mine was 140./night after all the resort fees,taxes,etc(109.00/night was the base price and it added up to 140./night after it was all said and done!). What is it with all these resort fees-give one price and include all of that ahead!

At Reno their team was in third place-they won every game except one which they were down two points and that referee kept making bad calls and at the end as they were catching up to make those two points he called a travel on my son and everyone yelled that was not a travel but the ball got turned over to the other side. We even had one guy elbowed and hurting and in pain getting out of the game and crying and they did not even call a foul on that one-our guys were injured left and right and they did not call on us but we did not even foul and they called on us fouls left and right and that team made a lot of points on the fouls-oh well,basketball I noticed is like that (volleyball is not bad like that-rarely). And if you tell them they missed in giving you a points or two on the board the referee can even give you a technical foul-we had that one game in the past and they got 4 points off of that bc the coach questioned the score which they missed since not paying attention!

I am going out to lunch with friends today to a Vietnamese/Thai cuisine-having eggplant and chicken stirfry-yum! About 8.00 a dish is not too bad and they have the best pork chps(I try to avoid pork usually but that one is good!). Lol I cannot bring myself to eat pork anymore esp after I saw that you tube video where they pour coke over a raw pork piece and little tiny worms started wiggling out of there-eeeewwww! So now I think about that video which is embedded in my mind every time I hear pork!

Have a good day everybody! Oh one more thing our car was deemed totaled :( and I don;t think we will get much for it:(!