Daily Check in June 1, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BeckyO

Re: Daily Check in June 1, 2017

Post by BeckyO »

Happy Birthday, Penny.

I am now on a month to month lease. I paid my rent this morning.
Thank you, Rinty.

Didn't go to DD's for lunch, errands etc. She called to alert me to massive rain and poss hail in her area. I slipped out over here and did a little shopping. I still have some things to put away. I will go to her place , tomorrow.

Antique Road Show is on , tonight so I am going upstairs. Have a good night,
BeckyO
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Late check in folks
Haven't been feeling that well of late so there is nothing to check in about.

Happy Birthday Penny and am I mistaken Clem, but isn't your birthday today as well? If so, Happy Birthday!!! - if not keep in mind I am totally senile.

Bev I feel your pain about today. I have had to turn off the news. I am so humiliated for my country. For those of you in the rest of the world, please accept my apologies.

I have been binge watching Sons of Anarchy. It was one of my favorite shows when it was on and so I decided to watch it again. Wow it is a violent show but so well written.

We finally had our bbq pork steaks tonight and they were great. Probably my favorite food in the world - for sure my favorite meat.

Well another fascinating chapter in the World of CG. Good stuff, huh? Have a great evening all!
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

colonialgirl I watched the entire series of Sons of Anarchy as well. Lately I have been binge watching Greys Anatomy. I need to get caught up on Archer, Fargo, and one other show. I am current with Better Call Saul. So much good stuff to watch and some I want to rewatch.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Bev, I feel your pain, too. I've been tied up in knots inside even though I have no children or grandchildren so the future won't matter to me. I cannot stand to look at him.

But when I was feeling most angry this p.m., I picked up a news article I had put aside several weeks ago. A multimillionaire car dealer here quietly donates 20 hours a week cleaning trays, cooking and serving the poor at a local charity that mom and I support in our small way. The businessman also donates a lot of money. He grew up dirt poor in Daytona and attended Howard University on a full scholarship and became an engineer. It made me feel good and calmed me down. I'll read the article to mom tomorrow.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

Happy birthday, Penney. Hope you feel better soon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Birthday Penny!