Daily Check in June 10, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Daily Check in June 10, 2017

Post by itspennyc »

We are starting our summer like temperatures. This is my payment for our mild winters.

Yesterday, my daughter told me she was planning on coming over today. We will see. She needs to pick up cupcakes on her way home. The bakery is closed tomorrow.

I finished another owl, I started what I think will be the last owl I am planning on knitting, at least at this time.

Penny

LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in June 10, 2017

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... quick hello before I go to work.

Quite nice outside right now, but it's supposed to hit the low 90s for the next few days.
So far have managed to do some dishes, feed cats and change out some linens.

I decided to buy the frames for my new glasses online. They were having a BOGO sale, so got my top two picks. Costco will charge $18 (plus the cost of the lenses) if I bring my own frame, so I'll come out ahead. (Though I think I'll just get 1 pair to begin with to see how it goes.)

Got to get set up for work ... have a great day!

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Well, it has been a pretty successful week. We got the roof mitigation report from the new roof and our insurance agent said we were up to code now which means he can market us for a less expensive home insurance. We used our new yard guy and the front looks nice. The garbage people picked up the huge pile of green stuff I pulled from around the pond. I have my final bucket list trip scheduled and paid for. These things have been hanging fire for weeks if not months. I am happy.

Today, the handyman comes and gives me a couple of estimates on projects. The insurance guy is a native and I discussed the new window requirements with him. He said he personally didn't feel the new windows are worth it. So we will go with plywood storm coverings. I also will look again at replacing the front door. I tried weather striping it and it didn't work. It is time to replace.

Today is starting out sunny and everyone around me is mowing grass like crazy. I will try to get out and work on the pond weeds. I have a lot to do inside right now. Those self multiplying dishes are at it again. And the floor wants to be mopped again.

Well, off to get something to eat and wait for the handyman. Have a good frugal day all.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

My weather is the similar as LWolfT's. Ugh. DS2 and I met up with a couple of people from my Church group for dinner. My friend generously paid. Then we met up at a free concert in a local town square. It was fun.

Not sure what in on tap for today. I do need to do some grocery shopping. A local outdoor mall is having an art fair. I may walk around there and then swing by to see how DS1 is doing building the DGS's playset.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in by an hour and a half today. I guess I was pretty darn tired.

We will be off to the big city (well bigger than the one I live in) to watch Hubby's beloved football team (me more to see the new stadium) in about 5 hours. That gives me time to go for my walk, do a bit of the household chores, and pack up everything we will need for the stock up shop tomorrow and our overnight stay.

I sent a text to youngest DS telling him about when we would be in the city and what our plans for the next couple of days are. We will pick him up around 4 head out to eat, and then off to the game (wonder if I can find a little thing to knit while watching the game....?)

The next couple of days are not supposed to be as hot as the ones previously so leaving the windows open for our cat will not be a big deal. Even though I don't like leaving just dry food for her to eat I will make sure there is enough for her to munch on until we get home.

It is going to be an expensive weekend, but a nice little holiday for as long as it lasts.

Off to see what trouble I can get into before we go.

Today I am grateful that Hubby got his season tickets and gets to enjoy his retirement a tiny bit more.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

Jackie, have fun on your little getaway.

I did not sleep last night....bummer as I felt like I was exhausted. Too much stuff going thru my mind. Stayed in bed till almost 9:00.

It rained most of last night so no watering for me today. I like it when we get rain once or twice a week especially at night.
Today is my own, no plans yet but hey things change :? Thawed some chicken/wild rice soup. Using down the freezers/no shopping =plus for me.

I will do floors here in a bit and sort the remaining plastic ware, I see another trip to the recycle depot in my future. I may use some to sort the workbench, screws, nails and such.
Off to do whatever...I also have books to read, wonder which I will get into first 8-)
JCKitty