HEAVY CREAM

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
JOAN

HEAVY CREAM

Post by JOAN »

I just bought some heavy cream ( from Aldis of course) for a recipe and have alot left over. Does anyone know if I can freeze it. I love it in iced coffee, but try to avoid the extra fat.

littlemiss63

Re: HEAVY CREAM

Post by littlemiss63 »

Joan,

You certain can and here is a link to one of Erin's tutorials I think would be helpful to you. https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-freez ... am-1388376

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Make butter!

Just pour it into a clean jar, make sure the lid is tight, and shake, shake, shake. You will have butter in minutes.

JOAN

Post by JOAN »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely freeze it.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

JOAN wrote:I just bought some heavy cream ( from Aldis of course) for a recipe and have alot left over. Does anyone know if I can freeze it. I love it in iced coffee, but try to avoid the extra fat.
You can add it to a chicken mushroom bake. I use chicken tenders and add garlic,black pepper(sometimes fresh tarragon),onions and brown it in olive oil in a cast iron pan(I like the crust it forms better-crispy-I just brown it and not cook it all the way yet). Then I put the mushrooms in. and sautee with a bit more garlic and add those Knorr chicken bases x 1-2 packages depending on how many pieces of chicken. Then I either keep it in the cast iron pan or use a baking dish and add cream to this to get it to a color I like and bake it in the oven for about a half an hour or so.

Heavy cream can make whip cream too for pancakes and french toast. Also good with pasta and sundried tomatoes,cream,garlic,onions and add a bit of hot spice(red cayenne or cajun or creole seasoning) to it and I mix artichokes,mushroom like with bow tie pasta or penne.You can add fresh diced green onions at the end and fold it in.

You can freeze it in the ice tray so use as needed. Like you can take a couple of cubes or whatever is needed as cream base to make for french toast,monte cristo sandwiches, add to your coffee, ice Vietnamese tea or coffee,creamed corn(look up Gulliver's Travels corn-yum!),etc.