Put very well, it's a matter of respect !!!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Put very well, it's a matter of respect !!!

Post by icfrugal1 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-f ... 55288.html

I love it, and he hit the nail on the head, that it's a matter of respect!!! :(

Not to DH bash but...... I asked DH to hold BB's leash for me so that I could bring some boxes into the house. DH did do it, but not without a lot of fussing about it.

DH thought that what I asked him to do was stupid, I told him that he should do it because I asked him to.

I didn't want to put BB out in the backyard because it is hot. And BB is a runner, and I am the one who has to run after her. :) It would have been hard for me to hold the leash and bring the 12 boxes it, they are heavy so it was one by one.

I also told DH that when he asks me to do something for him I do it!!!

Today I was in the backyard reading and DH asked me to go upstairs and turn the window A/C on for him. Remember that DH is still using a walker, but we have a stair lift for him, he could have done it himself, and I do understand that it was much easier for me to do it then him, but still, please show me the same resect, : :(

IC
mbrudnic

Re: Put very well, it's a matter of respect !!!

Post by mbrudnic »

I can relate. As I try to determine my part in my divorce, I feel as if his spending was very disrespectful and started a spiral of behaviors...
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Yes, I can relate too.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I think that most married/divorced people on here would probably agree that its a matter of respect... I certainly do.

I could do some DH bashing too, ;) but I think that I've already said waaaayyyyyyy too much in times past.

I think that my Dh feels that since he brings in the money, then his part in this household is 200% completed -- no need to help wife with household chores (but he nags PLENTY if I don't do something quickly or thoroughly enough) or yardwork, even though its well past dark when I come in at night to find him & children watching TV. I could get angry over that, but usually I don't have the energy for it -- and lately I just choose to go clean up and take a few minutes to read, which helps sweep away the stress of the day.

IMHO, marriage is a partnership, and we both need to work equally to take care of home, family, and all chores resulting from both. But right now, that's just a dream for me, because I don't have that equal partnership.