Daily check in June 21, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in June 21, 2017

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It rained hard again last night. I'm guessing at least an inch but I'll know for sure when I check mom's rain gauge.

I'm planning to stop at Publix on my way to mom's house for a few last-minute sale items. We love the Publix frozen yoghurt and try to catch it on sale.

After lunch I'm planning on doing some trimming in the front yard. If it is overcast I'll work on the ixora bushes near the driveway. Mom will work on it, too, but will sit in the resin chair instead of standing. If it is sunny we will work on the ligustrum hedge near the house instead because that area is shaded in the afternoon.

Message is starting to act weird so I'll end here.

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

Finished my last library book before sleep last night, it ended well but I had to slog thru the middle :?
More rain last night, house all opened up and nice cool breezes coming thru....love it! No heat, no AC. No doubt by this evening that will change ,per the forecast dude :(

Had some doctor/med phone work for dad this morning, hope it is all done and taken care of. Seems to always be something.

I need to run the floor duster, wipe surface in kitchen and bath, and think about chopping salad for meals. I am thinking chicken, pecan, cranberry topped salad for supper tonight. Would love to be able to eat on the patio but the mosquitos are horrific.

In looking thru the auction ads I found an old and I mean really old ice box....do I need it absolutely not ....do I want it ... oh yes desperately. It is rough. primitive looking and for some reason it really just trips my trigger. That particular auction is the weekend of July 1 the same day as the big family July 4th get together in the evening. I am so conflicted, do I go to the auction, and buy it ? and then have to find a way to get it home and installed or do I just forget about it and always wonder....I really wish Colonial girl lived close to me, she could be either the little voice saying buy it, or leave it and I wouldn't have to be responsible LOL I could leave it all up to her!!!!! Yes this is the way my mind works....

Libby, I will try to post ice cream recipe in recipe folder, any questions about it ,let me know

Well off to get busy,
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Congrats on the new job!

Jen M.
dlrcpa wrote:Good morning. Last day of work at old job is today. Received e-mail from new job to bring documents on Monday. Hmm, I don't know where my Social Security card is. Guess I better figure out how to get a new one. Fortunately I have a valid passport which she said is OK.

On the shopping front... just ordered 2 outside door mats from Home Depot for $24 to be picked up at the store. One for patio basement walk-out, one for main floor deck walk-out. I will get potting soil next time I go there and work on the planters. I got a $10 off $10 Payless in-store coupon and will see about picking up socks or something inexpensive for gifts. I have $10 in CVS Extrabucks, but will wait for e-mail coupon they usually send on Thursdays. Need to plan out some simple meals for next week (longer commute) then will work on grocery list.

Have a good day.
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!

BB walked, breakfast had.

I've got to get upstairs and finish cleaning a room up there. I'm hoping to find more stuff to de-clutter.

IC
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Hi, all.

Was supposed to work today in DC, but at first I ended up asking if I could work remotely. A few minutes ago, I ended up saying I just need to take a sick day. I got sick this morning, as I was getting ready to leave. Stomach stuff. Then, about an hour ago, I noticed I was feeling REALLY, REALLY bad--not just stomach stuff. I have come to the conclusion that eating just once a day is not for me, so I just got myself some breakfast--oatmeal and an apple, and I feel better, but I'm really tired. So I'll probably just putter today.

Eating once a day was an experiment for me. it didn't work. I'm moving on. I actually felt really, really good until after I got sick this morning. I was tracking my food to make sure I reached my calorie needs, and I only fell slightly short, so I don't think the diet was the problem, but I DO think it's just not for me. Oh, well.

Money is still really bad, and I'm still having no luck getting clients or a job. I completed my disability application on Monday, and it feels weird. Never thought I would become a disabled person, and when I'm having a good day, I don't feel like one. :( I asked my financial advisor to put my back on a monthly income from my inheritance, but it turns out I did not ask for enough. Now, I have to call him back and ask for a higher rate. I feel like such a loser. 47 years old, and I can't support myself! :( I know things will get better, but it sucks being in this situation.

Frugal-wise, our grocery bill has gone down, because of how we've been eating. We've also been cooking more from scratch and we no longer buy prepared foods most of the time. I'm also going to fill out paperwork for a reduced fee at my therapist's office tomorrow.

That's about all I've got for now. Hope all is well!
Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Another lovely day in the South, hot as it can be, but the humidity is low and that is always a blessing and makes it seem so much cooler. It's the muggy feeling that I can't stand.

Slept so good last night, opened my window in the bedroom that someone would have to have a ladder to get inside. I am a little leery about leaving one unlocked, but there was a nice breeze blowing and I couldn't resist. Just had to trust in the Lord that he would protect me. Had a nice bowl of oatmeal with 1/2 of a banana for breakfast this morning.

I am going to finish cooking a few things today, like yellow squash and a head of cauliflower. The squash I will freeze and will just refrigerate the cauliflower. When ready to serve I will make the cheese sauce to pour over it. Kitty, thanks so much for the ice cream recipe, and I will definitely try it the 4th of July. My children will be here and we always do a freezer of ice cream.

I have a few errands to run today so will be getting my shower in a few minutes and will head out to complete those. When I get back I am going to vacuum the inside of my car, I always like to do that after I take anything to the landfill in it. I love my dust buster for doing this job.

Had my pedicure night last night and painted my toenails a hot pink. I tried on my Bare Trap Sandals that have pink running through the straps and the colors looked good together. I knew if it matched those that it would look good with white, black or gold ones. I feel like I save myself at least $25.00 every time I give myself one. I have a very nice water foot massager that one of the children gave me and it does a good job.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Stay cool and frugal.