A weird Amazon thing happened

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

A weird Amazon thing happened

Post by SandiSAHM »

Over the weekend I put in a Prime pantry order. Primarily GF stuff and some things foodstuff from which DH can benefit during his 2 overseas trips next month.

Today, 2 Prime pantry boxes arrived. That was odd, as I had filled exactly 100% of a box. DS in his "open all boxes asap" mindset, opened both boxes.

One of them was full of nothing I ordered. But my name/address was on the label. After much online searching to solve the problem I finally just googled 'does Amazon have a customer service phone number' and they do (but it's impossible to find on the actual website... at least, by me).

A nice lady told me to keep it. Literally said 'its a gift to you." This after I told her, "Just email me a return label, I'll take it to the nearest UPS/FedEx spot, it's not far." Which is all well and fine, I guess, its not stuff I'll never use, but she didn't ask me what was IN the box. I spent a little time in customer service, and I would have been all over finding out what, and how many of each what, was in there, to id the order it was supposed to be & head off the call or complaint I would know was coming - someone placed an order, and it isn't going to show up, because it's at my house.

This is a first for me, with Amazon. In 12 years, once stuff didn't show up, but this is the first time there's been unordered stuff.
2dogs+someCats

Re: A weird Amazon thing happened

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Wow - that is strange - somebody really goofed. I have received the wrong orders at work before and the office supply companies have us KEEP the stuff - no charge.

So - what was in the un-ordered box? Overcome with curiosity here, lol
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

2dogs+someCats wrote:So - what was in the un-ordered box? Overcome with curiosity here, lol
A lot (over 200 total count) of ziploc bags - freezer gallon & quart, and storage gallon - a 12 pack of 'double' Angelsoft tp, a 64-pack of "Finish powerball" dishwashing detergent, and a Kiwi shoe polishing sponge.

I've never used Finish detergent, but since Oxi (Oxy?) stopped making dishwasher pods I've been looking for a good replacement. With 64 of these things, I hope they're good.

Over $40 of stuff, so we're making a donation to a charity we like in matching funds. Mores the pity they can't use ziplocs. Because I'll be in ziplocs for years. Not too long ago a friend gave us paper towels (he works for a mfg); I wonder if he needs ziplocs.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Hey, great idea to sort of pay back for the paper towels with the zip locks. Neat that you're donating to charity - love that.
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

I was wondering where my order ended up. :lol:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

2dogs+someCats wrote:Hey, great idea to sort of pay back for the paper towels with the zip locks. Neat that you're donating to charity - love that.
It's $ we dont have to spend, may as well pass it on.

No time in my life have I ever needed over 200 ziploc bags, LOL.

Makes me wonder what the actual intended recipient was going to DO with that many bags. Maybe it was for a school thing.