Daily Check in Oct 2, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 2, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,
We ate dinner late as the ground beef was still frozen and Hubby did not get home from the gym until after 6 PM. As usual I did not sleep well eating that late. It will be a late night with the football game. It is Homecoming, so DS1, DDIL and DGS are planning to come.

I harassed Hubby to get a third garage door opener for the mini van. I drive it the most. in my opinion, it was well worth the $34.

I am ready to start work. Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 2, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

It is still dark outside, the sun is just beginning to turn the sky pink and purple in the east. It seems strange after months of seeing the sun upon arising to not see it anymore.

Not a super busy day today. Just the usual Friday chores and working on my knitted rug. So far things are going quite well, however I think I may have underestimated how much yarn I would need. Oh well, my stash will surely show me another ball or two of the yarn I need. Just have to dig harder.

Frugal happenings around here today will include eating all meals at home, using up leftovers where I can, going for my frugal morning walk, and working on getting the garden in so we can put it to sleep for the upcoming colder months of the year. So all in all a pretty regular day around here.

This afternoon I plan on working on the rug some more. I am hoping to finish the first one very soon. I could then get the second one at least started before the DS's come home for Thanksgiving.

Speaking of the holiday, I got my sale turkey yesterday. It is now in the freezer waiting to be used next weekend. One thing that surprised me is that the sale price is not the best. I am very disappointed that they cost as much as they do this year. I am hoping that by Christmas the prices fall a tiny bit.

Next weeks shopping should just be milk, cranberries, butter, and some fresh produce. I will be making meals out of what is in the freezer, fridge and cupboard as far as meat is concerned this month (unless they have a really good sale somewhere).

Supper tonight will be Salmon Fillet (marinated and baked), rice, and a mix of cauliflower and broccoli. Probably have some fresh veggies (carrots and tomatoes) along with some dip on the side.

Today I am grateful for clear skies and the energy to get things accomplished today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Hello everyone. Dark, cool and raining again today. I collected a few vegs from the garden yesterday when it was only misting lightly. I bought groceries last night and see that I need to be really careful about purchases in order to stay under the low budget amount I set for this month. I got a roaster chicken and will see how many meals I can stretch that into!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning all. Woke up a bit earlier today. We have invited friends over for a playdate. Haven't received a response yet.

Today lunch will probably be tacos from the local chain. I think I will defrost some beef to make a crockpot meal. Crockpot pepper steak.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Up kind of early for me.

I've had my coffee and the pack has been out already. They were up at 3 in the morning too. At least it is kind of cool outside.

I bought one tomato plant yesterday and planted it this morning. Yea - just had a pedicure and here I am trudging out in the dirt in sandals! I spread out the bags of garden soil I purchased too. I like to refresh the dirt. I'll be planting seeds when I return from my trip. Hope they thrive.

I'm concentrating on cleaning house and laundry. Want to leave the house nice and clean before I go. I'll only be gone overnight, but hate leaving a mess. The big pup is staying with my nephew. Too much for the COD to handle and they have a pup about his age. They should get along well! Both are high energy.

Hopefully they will fall in love and give Rusty a permanent home. He is a good pup just doing pup things. My other dogs are so mellow. Its like they aren't even here.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh forgot to add - an older friend went in for knee surgery yesterday. Replace an old replacement. They could not do a new knee.

They removed the old replacement and added a spacer. I guess she will get it later.

Has anyone heard of this before? Guess the damage was more than they expected. Maybe even infected.

She said she was in a LOT of pain. Send good thoughts to her please!

Thanks.