Daily Check-In October 4

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
11cats2beagles

Daily Check-In October 4

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Good Morning. I am feeling way under the weather this morning so taking it very easy...VERY easy. :-)

Chilly but sunny. Little guy and I sat on the porch and watched runners (hundreds of them) go by...there is a marathon going on today.

Everyone has had breakfast except me and I am about to take care of that...toast with homemade apple butter. The Mister has gone on a quick run to Sam's Club. He has orders for three of his homemade cheesecakes so is shopping for ingredients. He asked if I wanted to go and I said no, little guy and I will be having a "pajama day" or at least a "pajama morning".

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In October 4

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Hope you feel better soon 11cats and it is just an off feeling day for you.

Still cloudy here, in fact we are supposed to get more rain. Hmmm, me thinks I will not be dumping more plants for awhile, even though I would like to finish up the front yard.

After Mass today I will be doing the second stage of Monday's household chores, cleaning the bathroom, laundry, and vacuuming. That should give me a bit of a rest after cleaning a rather large church. I imagine I will only want to come home and sit knitting in hand.

After my household chores are done I plan on getting some more Christmas gift knitting done and perhaps a bit of extra cleaning. I think I will work on the spare bedroom on the main floor. It has become a bit of a catchall space and youngest DS uses it when he comes home. Both of them will be coming home next weekend so both rooms need to be tidied (library/office downstairs).

Supper tonight will be Roast Pork, roasted potatoes, the remainder of the carrots in the fridge will be dumped into the roaster as well as some brussel sprouts.

Today I am grateful that I turned the furnace on. I didn't turn it up too high, but those few degrees do make a difference (I still have the electric heat off in the back part of the house....not turning it on for awhile yet I hope).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I got a call from my daughter she will be over closer to noon. She has a return to make of a defective bar stool. That store doesn’t open until closer to noon. I don’t know if we will try and make my return to J C Penney.

I fixed my breakfast, my usual oatmeal.

Not much else is new here.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good Morning all!

Kind of peeved right now. Went out with sisters and friend last night. We had a good time. On the way home, the COD called and told me to pick up some cranberry juice. Oh.oh. Looks like the beginning of another UTI.

He is a terrible patient. He also has the beginnings of a sinus infection. Feels feverish. So I cancelled my overnight trip.

I'm peeved because he is such a pain. Starts complaining about the animals. Wants to know why I keep moving the thermostat - I don't. Then says he is going to go out and get his own house - HOW I WISH HE WOULD!!

Its been years in the making - this get my own house thing. I've done all I could to get him to go - lol. No cooking, no cleaning for him. But I still feel that I should be here to take him to the ER if needed. He does have an appointment with his urologist tomorrow. You would think having cancer would make people nicer - but NO.

So that is the beginning of my day - hope y'all have a good one.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... sunny and cool.

I somehow mis-measured the back for my comforter cover ... or maybe I turned it the wrong way. So I need to take a couple of seams apart and figure out what to do ...ugh. I'm tempted to just hem the sides and use it as a throw, but it really could use some backing.

Didn't get the bread started, so that's next on the list. Should get the apple butter started, since I have time today to let the crockpot do its thing.

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning All!

DH and I had leftovers from yesterdays breakfast, and afterwards skyped FIL and StepMIL for about 30 minutes. We are just currently relaxing. We have plans to start working in the nursery for a bit, moving stuff around, and doing our weekly grocery shopping.

Not sure what else the day has planned.

Have a great day!