Daily Check in OCt 9, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in OCt 9, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I have left overs from last night's dinner for lunch. At 4 PM i am taking my car in to be looked at. It developed a rattle a few weeks after I brought it home. It took me all this time to make an appointment. So I will go to work about 30 minutes early.

I have support group tonight.

Have a great day,
Maggie
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily Check in OCt 9, 2017

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning All. Maggie, sounds like a busy Monday for you.

My work is closed today for Columbus day - so in spite of having worked Saturday I still get my 2 day weekend.

Up at 5:30, took dogs out one at a time - in the rain. They have had a treat and are back to bed. The cat has come inside via going under the front porch and into the cellar, up the cellar steps and meowing at the door to be let into the kitchen.

The coffee is tasting very good this morning. I have little to do in the way of "work" again today - somehow I managed to keep up with household stuff throughout the week last week. I might bake some bread - we will see. I feel as if I "OWE" the dogs a couple of longer walks today as I skipped their walks completely yesterday.

I am feeling much better today. I felt as if I never really did wake up yesterday - was just groggy and very tired all day.

Happy Monday Friends.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is Monday, so that means PT.

I Have my garbage and trash I still need to put it out. I will put it out before I leave.

There is not much new here. I need to call the complex office to find out if the coffee was delivered there. Friday the mailman came very late after 5:30 the office closes at 5:30. He didn’t leave a card in my box either. If the carton of coffee is there I will ask Comfort Care to drop me off at the office instead of in front of my building. This saves me half a trip.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today, I get my first eye shot. The appointment is 2 pm. They could have squeezed me in at 9:30 am, but that is a little early for me given I have to feed and care for my husband at that time. I have to figure that I will not be feeling so good after. Of course, today, it is supposed to be raining at 2 pm. :roll: I generally don't go out in bad weather because it isn't necessary and not that safe. But it is a short trip and they said I should be able to drive home using one eye. But with the bad weather, I asked my neighbor to drive me. I made sure I had fresh ibuprofen for the after effects.

This is the big deal for the day. Some people have no problem with this. I hope I am one of them.This morning will be normal. Feed everyone. Wash my hair since I won't be able to for a few days. No water near my face until the injection spot heals up. Pick a couple of things up at the store. Bath the cat's paws.

My military son is coming to visit at Thanksgiving. We skyped with him yesterday and discussed food. We eat low carb and this will change what I make for T day. We discussed it. Hubs said he would miss his stuffing the most. We will see if I can find a low carb choice. I am not going to do the mashed cauliflower because I don't like cauliflower a lot. I may make it steamed or broccoli, but not for me. We will see what looks good at the store at the time. I love Turkey day because a week before, turkey goes on sale. Generally, it is as low as 59c/lb. and that works for me. I buy 3 or 4 depending on the room in my freezer. I thaw one for T day and cut it up. I don't roast anymore. It is too much work and I am happy with the slow cooker. It is still hot in November and I make it out on the open porch. No heat in the house. Because it is generally very warm then, I will opt to make some cold dishes. I am thinking some marinated vegetables, Sugar free jello etc. I will need to explore the possibilities as the time gets closer. Fun to plan.

Well, off to get my day started. Have a good day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 am Good morning all,

Today, I get my first eye shot. The appointment is 2 pm. They could have squeezed me in at 9:30 am, but that is a little early for me given I have to feed and care for my husband at that time. I have to figure that I will not be feeling so good after. Of course, today, it is supposed to be raining at 2 pm. :roll: I generally don't go out in bad weather because it isn't necessary and not that safe. But it is a short trip and they said I should be able to drive home using one eye. But with the bad weather, I asked my neighbor to drive me. I made sure I had fresh ibuprofen for the after effects.

This is the big deal for the day. Some people have no problem with this. I hope I am one of them.This morning will be normal. Feed everyone. Wash my hair since I won't be able to for a few days. No water near my face until the injection spot heals up. Pick a couple of things up at the store. Bath the cat's paws.

My military son is coming to visit at Thanksgiving. We skyped with him yesterday and discussed food. We eat low carb and this will change what I make for T day. We discussed it. Hubs said he would miss his stuffing the most. We will see if I can find a low carb choice. I am not going to do the mashed cauliflower because I don't like cauliflower a lot. I may make it steamed or broccoli, but not for me. We will see what looks good at the store at the time. I love Turkey day because a week before, turkey goes on sale. Generally, it is as low as 59c/lb. and that works for me. I buy 3 or 4 depending on the room in my freezer. I thaw one for T day and cut it up. I don't roast anymore. It is too much work and I am happy with the slow cooker. It is still hot in November and I make it out on the open porch. No heat in the house. Because it is generally very warm then, I will opt to make some cold dishes. I am thinking some marinated vegetables, Sugar free jello etc. I will need to explore the possibilities as the time gets closer. Fun to plan.

Well, off to get my day started. Have a good day all.
Good luck with your eye injection. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is foggy, chilly, and overcast right now. I love it!

Starting my walking program this morning with my next door neighbor. There is a park with a walking track in another community but it is still somewhat rural.. Looking forward to getting the exercise and hopefully build up my strength and loose weight. Glad to find a walking partner.

Have a good Monday. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama