Daily Check in Oct 13, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Oct 13, 2017

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile enjoying coffee and the quiet of the day. It is very cool out almost cold you can see a thick layer of frost on car windows. The sun is trying to make it's way through the haze though so hopefully things warm up a bit.

We have our football game tonight and as it starts at 8 pm, it is going to be a cold one. I plan on dressing in layers and bringing a fleece or knit blanket with me. We will then stay overnight, and go stock up shopping tomorrow. I have all my lists prepared... You should have seen the look on Hubby's face when I mentioned the fabric store. I got the side glance, but told him I need threads, lining, some other notions and fabric... Then he just smiled and said okay, I think he remembers that the fabric store is in a large mall now and near some shops he likes.

Not going to be a frugal couple of days though but the shelves will be full, the freezers stocked and my already lower grocery costs should stay at least that low until sometime in the new year when we will need to do another stock up trip.

Getting all this done before winter arrives is just wonderful. Some years we haven't managed to do it before the snow flies.

The time at home today will be spent getting the to do list completed and I held off buying groceries yesterday so will go so this morning as well as pay bills (tried to squeeze one more no spend day out of the week).

I also need to get out for my daily walk. I took the day off from my long one and could really notice a difference by the time the afternoon rolled around.

I started knitting Christmas gifts last night and because youngest DS will be home for a few days starting Saturday afternoon they will be laid aside and I will spend time catching up in the sewing room. Lots to accomplish in there.

Supper will be out tonight so not sure what everyone will be eating.

Today I am grateful that we are frugal so that we can enjoy doing those things we both love to do.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie I do not have a big freezer but do have a somewhat empty freezer in my fridge. I recently bought things on sale for a minor stock up. Feels good to know I have food put away for a longer period of time. I always feel like a squirrel storing my nuts for winter when I do a stock up..lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

""""We seven have all had the opportunity to pack up our cars with clothes, meds, keepsakes and a few important papers. Have you ever had the need to do that? It's such a surreal experience. At first I looked around and felt like nothing other than photos was important. Then I started to chooses a few items. I realized that I was focusing on what I'd just brought home from my folks house so tried to take a step back and think more broadly. What would make me happy to see in a new place if we were to start over, ya know?""""""""""""""

So short story my friend is in the "fire zone" she sent me this e-mail yesterday.

Her grown married children are also in the fire zone and are using her house for a base. One daughter did lose some outside buildings, but so far their home is safe.

My friend just lost her mother last month. And i complain!!! :roll:

So on to my small what on earth moments. I got my favorite mixing bowl out and found that it was dirty, DH had used it to rinse some grapes and then put in back in the cupboard, normally CLEAN dishes are in the cupboard. Lucky for me I was not "feeding" my sourdough starter, and he did a very bad job rinsing the bowl out. Small, small concerns.

Janet, I missed the back story on the dog, I hope that he/she is given to you.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Woke up feeling kind of weird. Did have weird dreams that I really cannot remember.

Maybe because I found my retainer and didn't grind my teeth all night? Hadn't used it in a long time. I usually wake up with pain on the left side of my head. Pain around my eye. It just starts being normal after a while. But today it is not there - weird.

So i'm up and ready to go. Having lunch out and then attending a meeting. Maybe going to a local high school football game tonight.

It is warm again. Cool weather should be here again on Monday. Sunny and cool - my type of weather.

Have a great day all
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

TGIF. I'm very tired from not sleeping well. Job problems. I posted my resume to 3 jobs on Wednesday and got 2 contacts, so rather impressed w/ this job board. Maybe that will let me sleep a bit better.
Going to take care of my parents on Saturday and will need Sunday to catch up on my own chores. I hope everyone else has a restful weekend.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All household to do items completed. Worked on my cross stitch for a bit and finished a book.

All packed and we will be off and running in about 10 minutes. Just hope I don't freeze to death watching this late football game. I am dressed in layers and am taking a blanket to wrap up in or at least put across my legs.

See you all sometime tomorrow.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

Good afternoon fans of frugality!

And Friday it is! Today was my volunteer time of 4 hours at the seniors center. The lunch service starts at 11:30 and we are all cleaned up and out the door at 3:30 p.m. I enjoy my time there, as I work alongside a couple of gals both with an outstanding sense of humour. And the lady who does dishes is 90 yrs old and she frequently tells me to slow down 'cause I might burn myself out. LOL! She is just a delightful gal and she enjoys being with us as well. My Fitbit tells me I did 5,000 steps in those 4 hrs.

Frugal meals all day today, egg salad in romaine lettuce, a meat pie for lunch and a sandwich left from the SC for dinner. I love Fridays, there's no cooking involved all day, thus no cleanup either.

I mentioned a new walking trail that I discovered when I checked out town map so I'm going out shortly for more exercise. The trees are starting to look so colourful and I think I'll pick some grasses for seasonal decor. I don't plan on spending anything for autumn decor. I've been following a Stoptober challenge keeping costs as low as I can. I find as the days of the month go by, I become more motivated to stick with it.

Frugal entertainment this evening is finally getting around to watching La La Land. It's due back at the library tomorrow so I have to get on it. And I have a couple of books from the lib which I'll have to get started on.

Have a wonderful evening one and all! :D Connie
Happiness is a choice!