Daily Check in Oct 17, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 17, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugals,

My Colonoscopy went well, no polyps. No after affects from the sedation. I ordered pizza for DS and I for dinner. Leftovers will be another meal.

I will pack some soup for my lunch. I will get coffee with my Starbucks gift card.

Have a great day,
Maggie
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in Oct 17, 2017

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Maggie, I'm glad that your colonoscopy went well & no polyps were found.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning everyone,

Dh just took off for an early-morning safety meeting. He mentioned some things on his way out the door, that makes me want to go kick some of his supervisors... but ahh no, I'm trying to be positive and lady-like, and thankful for what I do have (and not focused on the negative so much).

Then I went to see why ds14 wasn't up for his early-morning weight-training class, "Oh Mom I'm sooo sore from yesterday, snore snore" Okay he's not going, which is fine, I can have a few more minutes of quiet to myself w/o having to leave the house into the chilliness outside (about 35F, yesterday was 27F at this time).

Today's chores include more laundry (I washed or put-away 10-12 loads yesterday), sorting through girls' clothes to remove summer's shorts, finding a place to put MY shorts/capris, studying more in my online Substitute teacher training class (I'm basically writing everything down as I'm not seeming to remember much otherwise), working to declutter more in my kitchen, and chopping more tomato plants in the garden -- mornings are when I do best and they're SOOO COLD lately that I haven't been doing much outside; that needs to change!

Today I'm also taking ds9 to Dr, then going afterwards to pick up ds14's deer meat (now cut & wrapped). Dd6 has a field trip today for which she needs a "home lunch," and she's super excited... she missed the field trip last year, I think she was sick.

I need to figure out dinner, perhaps I'll put 2-3 of the small roasts from ds13's deer in the slow cooker and simmer them all day with lots of dried minced onions and garlic, or maybe I'll pick something else.

Today I'm thankful for my furnace (which I turned on after feeling cold by the window), I run it every morning to bring the temp up to 72F which seems to get the kids moving, then I turn it off for the day.

Gayle
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yesterday I didn’t get home form PT until 12:45. I fixed a very simple lunch then took a nap. I was so exhausted yesterday, that I ended up going to bed at 7:30 I slept until 5 am. I am rested this morning.

I baked blueberry oatmeal muffins again. I still have some in the freezer but I wanted to check out my aluminum muffin pans with Baker’s Joy. The non-stick ones rust too easily.

They came out pretty cleanly. I will have to scrub some areas.

I have some of the dishes done. I need to finish those. I started a load of sheets. Folded the towels that were in the dryer. I have washed most of the dishes. The muffin pan is still soaking.

Now the day is mine.

Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

The dry day promised by the weather people is wet with rain. :roll: Yesterday was a nice day, but since I had the promise of a week of nice days with slightly cooler temperatures, I spent yesterday doing all the shredding hubs hasn't done in 2 years. I had no idea it was that far behind. I have a tub of shredding for the cat and other projects. We decided to take an old pillowcase and stuff it with shredded paper to make kitty a cold weather pillow for her sleeping box. In Florida, that is anything under 69F. Her box is a canned food carton I got free at save a lot. She loves having her own spot. I also use those cartons as kitty food trays since she is a sloppy eater. Frugal use.

Today, I was supposed to go shopping, bank, gym and medicine pickup. I avoid going out in the rain if I don't have to, so shopping is put off another day. I admit I am still a little sore from the gym and it won't hurt to wait. So it is now a rainy day, in the house project day.

Today, I plan to go through my canned goods, reorganize and make sure that the oldest is the first used. Then it is on to the cabinets. My plasticware is quite a mess right now and I realize I use it a lot and it should be more conveniently available. I know that this task will lead to other kitchen things. ;)

In order to stay low carb, I post everything to an app and it lets me determine what and how much. This has let me plan meals as much as a week in advance. I am surprised how quickly the food adds up in carbs and calories. So I am going to the store less often and buying less when I go. Creating meals rather than limiting spending is a better way to budget food costs at least for me.

Well, time to get busy. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I really slept in today and I do not know why. However I do know that when I sleep for too long my body aches in weird and mysterious ways. It almost feels like torn muscles or ligaments in my one hip today.

Today youngest DS goes home. It was nice having him for these couple of days, and I know he has more holiday time coming so will be taking a few more days off come Christmas.... Always nice to stay a bit longer when the whole family can be together.

I have my regular Tuesday to do list, plus mopping the floor (did not get that completed yesterday). Should be another busy day especially since I got up 2 hours later than normal. I do want to head out for a short walk and see if I can get the stiffness and pain worked out of my own hip and will do that as soon as I finish posting.

I would also like to empty the last couple of herb containers. Yesterday as I was emptying the third one I was visited by two lovely wasps, that put an end to my work. I hope I can get the final three finished at some point today. Have I ever mentioned I hate wasps?????

Planning my menus around what is leftover, and what I have on hand is what helps my budget and enables me to take advantage of sales as well as to stay out of stores. I am having less waste and using things up more than ever. It used to be that I would ponder what to make and still not figure out how to use up what I had.

Like this evening, supper will be turkey tetrazzini, using up a bag of frozen turkey from Thanksgiving, and some of the cabbage in the fridge as well as the last carrot I did not process with be made into slaw.

The forum went kind of nuts on me so I submitted and now am editing.

Today I am grateful that our sons get along so very well and are there for each other.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/