Daily Check in Oct 5, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Oct 5, 2015

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Maggie that quilt is awesome.... the colors are perfect for my taste....hint... hint LOL
Clem take a walk and clear your head, it's a new day and you deserve some peace in your life.
It is very cloudy and overcast here today, but I can still get stuff done. I have already peeled and fried apples for dad. I will package in small containers for eating out of the freezer as wanted. I have 3 loads of laundry done and on the lines, house is dusted and straightened still have floors to clean. I have cleaned and sorted the fridge, I gave the last 2 small zucchinis to the chickens, I tried to use them up but just sick of them.
I need to make a nice pasta dish for tonight. So tired of eating on the run, back to good food, eaten slowly and savored.
Later this afternoon I hope to start getting leaves blown from decks and patio, I also want to make some more chestnut biscotti. I have found that using my food processor the job is so easy.
Off to see what else I can get into
Have a good day all,
JCKitty

evecan11

Post by evecan11 »

Maggie: The quilt is absolutely stunning. I cannot even start to comprehend how many hours you spent on it. What a beautiful and thoughtful wedding gift. I am sure it will become a family heirloom.

evecan

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I've already been out and about in my yard.

Going to do some cleaning. Later this afternoon will go meet with a newly formed group that wants to do some improvements to our small town.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!!!!

Dog walked, then he and I went to a couple of stores, got some stuff for a stew, it is on the stove now, yum!!!!

I was not expecting it to be warm today, but I will still enjoy the stew.

a friend is on "The Price of Right" today, it will be interesting to see if I can see her, she was not chosen as one of the contestants. it will be fun to watch.

IC

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote:Good Morning folks,
Well I finished the quilt. The picture is too big to post here, but I put it on my project blog. http://maggiesprojects.blogspot.com/201 ... quilt.html

I need to see if it will fit in a box I have and get it sent. Tonight I want to make a Costco run. We are dangerously low on toilet paper.

I also want to make a few burp cloths out of t-Shirts as a baby gift for a shower I will miss Saturday. My cousin & God-son and his wife are having their first. My kids were int he same wrestling club that he was a member of, I saved them and will make something for his little boy. Maybe A little quilt.

Have a great day,
Maggie

WOW Maggie...that quilt is beautiful!!!!!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote:Maggie, your quilt is gorgeous! What beautiful colors and workmanship!

It's a beautiful day, with a clear blue sky that's especially appreciated after days of rain. DH started his new job today, so I've been sending up little prayers for him that all goes well.

Need to buy a few groceries today and make some homemade soup for supper. There are a few little painting projects I'd also like to work on now that the weather isn't so damp. Should be a pretty frugal day.
Mackie...Good luck to your DH.