Daily Check in Oct 6, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 6, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I am about ready to go to the office this morning. I need to get going here soon. I did make my Costco run last night. DS complained because I did not get breakfast sandwiches.

No cooking tonight, we are going out for my birthday.
Have a great day,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Re: Daily heck in Ocy 6, 2015

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 6, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Maggie once again wishing you a happy birthday. Enjoy your dinner out.

It is really foggy here once again and that usually means a change in our weather. Don't know if it will be better or worse, but it would be nice if the chilly fall weather would stick around until the end of the month. We really do not need any of the white stuff as of yet.

Today I plan on getting the household chores done fairly quickly and moving right into knitting. I see an end in sight for this rug and by George I am going to get it done so I can perhaps move on to a bit of sewing (like 3 pairs of pj bottoms and two quilts.) Very simple quilts of course as I can't get too fancy or the DS's won't use them.

I am hoping to get enough finished this month that I can take my time making Hubby a new sweater, and perhaps some hats for my brother's daughters. As far as my brothers, as they are rather large gentlemen I plan on searching high and low for some t-shirts for them that will actually fit (could be difficult).

I will be heading out for my frugal exercise this morning and then later in the afternoon dumping a few more pots of flowers. I hope to be able to gather some seed from a few of them. I am going to try planting a few more plants inside next spring. I do wish I had a small greenhouse though, we could really go to town.

This should be another no spend day. Hubby and I have a craving for some cinnamon buns so I am going to make a dozen or so, and I may get a bit of a start on making a birthday cake for the DS's. The sponge can be frozen and I can put it together and ice a bit later in the week.

Supper tonight is going to be a package of leftover pork roast from the freezer. I am tempted to make some Zucchini Pork Bake tonight. That would also help use up some shredded zucchini fro the freezer.

Today I am grateful that I can say yes or no to subbing positions. This gives me the flexibility to get things done around the house.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

Happy birthday Maggie.

I made lots of phone calls yesterday. I now have several appointments.

Now my big worry is not using up my rides, as I will need two rides in late December.

I finished knitting a Tiny ghost, I will not be knitting more, it is an easy knit but a boring knit.

I have finished loading and set off the dishwasher. I still have to wash the hand dishes.

I can feel my eye muscles straining. If I take my glasses off it stops. But then I can’t see close up. If I put my broken frames on it is better. I glued the broken frame back together but they don’t fit right. Plus they are not very sturdy.

Now to try and not worry about money, more cash flow then anything else. My son has told me more then once not to worry, but my nature is to worry.

Penny

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning!!!!!

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!!!

Penny, are the Broken glasses an old RX?? could you get the rx in new frames?

IC

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I've been cleaning house and cooked myself a nice pot of penne pasta for lunch that was livened up with some leftover pizza toppings from Sunday's homemade pizza. It's quite yummy.

Today has been a no-spend day, as all I'm doing is cleaning and puttering around doing some paint touch-ups with stuff we already have.

Happy birthday, Maggie, and Penny, I hope you can get your glasses fixed soon.
Mackie