Daily Check in Oct 6, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Oct 6, 2015

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,
I have been busy this AM, really have a lot of picayune jobs done. I want to work on leaf blowing this afternoon but it is still so damp outside, not from rain but heavy dew/fog again this AM.
might throw together a rustic apple tart to go into the oven along with the pasta dish. Wish I knew how to make good soft bread sticks, the kind you would get in a restaurant. mine aren't soft enough.
I need to organize a closet, took all of the winter wear out but it still needs help.
Back to work, LOL really just piddling around and yet getting stuff done.
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday Maggie!!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Feeling much better today.

I think my little excursion yesterday with different people did the trick. Its a short project that won't take up much time. I get along with the others.

I slept well last night and today I feel like I have accomplished a lot in the house. For a while I felt like I had too much to do. Now I don't - ?? Weird.

I did straighten up the pantry. I don't buy much now and the shelves are not full at all. I like it. We don't need much.

I did polish the kitchen floor yesterday. I had only been damp mopping it. Maybe seeing it so clean and shiny gave me a spark.

I raked up some leaves, got rid of the pecans I had from last year. Gave them to the squirrels. I am not going to crack them and I don't think I will do much baking this year. I still had cookies from last year and I only made two batches. We just didn't eat them.

So I am kind of done for the day and will go walking later.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Happy birthday, Maggie !

Its been a draining week . The DS paperwork stuff is ongoing, social workers, panel meetings and tomorrow a meeting with new care providers. VERY grateful to have found out last week that the out-going POOR care provider was actually being allowed input in DSs care.........of course, they weren't accurate in any way, why would they be , theres nothing in it for them ?

Looking forward to a nice break with him over Halloween once this is settled.

Hoping for good things to come. Workwise thats not the case. Told today I am changing rooms......still a room of young people with severe learning difficulties so that's not a problem per se, but I was happy (enough) with the group I was with and had become invested in the students. Ended up nearly in tears about it when I got home.......DH made me a luxury hot chocolate bless him, as theres nothing he can do. It just wears you down.

Ate the same meal 2 days running , chili. Tacos last night, served with just rice tonight. In face everything the same all day........porridge ( cos its cold in the mornings ) a sandwich packed lunch with yoghurt and a Satsuma. NO SPEND so far this week, thats for sure but it almost feels like NO LIFE, you know ?

I just want the kids to be safe and happy. I also think I need a leisure ACTIVITY rather than the internet...of course I need to be online re all the DS stuff but I spend as much time as if I were a flamin' social worker myself, investigating things, checking finances/budgets, safeguarding etc etc etc

Anyhoo, pleased with myself for not trying to spend myself happy.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by icfrugal1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Penny, are the Broken glasses an old RX?? could you get the rx in new frames?

IC

Yes, they are an old Rx, but the cost of new glasses justifies a new Rx. I was due for an eye exam in about 3 months and my Rx is well over a year old. As last time I had my eyes examined I didn't need a change in my Rx.

I have the same Rx in another frame but they just can't seem to be adjusted right so I don't get headaches. The frames that broke are the ones that held the Rx just right.

If my Rx is not just right I get headaches. This is nothing new, until I started wearing trifocals about 30 years ago a glasses Rx would last maybe 6 months.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The Schwan's guy finally made a stop.

I have strawberry ice cream again, but only one half gallon. That was all he had - boo.

But did have ciabatta bread and I love them. Haven't tried theirs, but it is in the countertop oven right now. Will have a yummy sandwich for a late lunch.