Sister has been asking for money STILL

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Sister has been asking for money STILL

Post by LogicsHere »

For the last 6 weeks my sister has asked for money about every other week. I got mad and told her this has been going on for the last 30 years and it's going to stop . . . that I I've been telling her that the day would come when I could no longer provide her financial help.

I gave her another $8000 since May and the reason she has no money to pay her bills is because she's too busy paying her daugher's bills and her daughter's husband is working 2 jobs.

She still wanted me to give her the money I pulled out of our mother's account that I have backup for as "expenses". Told her I could not give her any of it because Medicaid could always deny it and then I'd be stuck again. Also as far as I'm concerned as long as our mother is alive its still our Mother's money, not hers.

Today she blocked my emails and changed her phone number at 5:00 A.M. this morning. I think she did this because she knows that I have a tendency to cave and deposit more money in her account.

Well surprise is on her because it isn't going to happen. I'm through with the "no communication" blackmail.

rinty

Re: Sister has been asking for money STILL

Post by rinty »

Thank goodness you feel that you can say NO and mean it.

You've done enough...period. You are not a piggybank. Stay strong and just keep saying No, no matter what your sister comes up with, as I imagine she will ramp up her tales of woe.

It is not fair of her to put her money problems on you, you have more than enough to cope with.

I actually think she is being cruel to you.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Stick to your guns Logics!

What are they doing with all this money - wiping your behinds with it?

Stay STRONG!!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yes, your mother's money is her money as long as she's alive, and it's time to kick your sister off the financial teat. Her daughter's bills are her problem, not your problem or your mother's problem.

When somebody gets mad at me and tries to punish me with silence, it always makes me laugh. I want to say, "Ooh, punish me some more! How about never speaking to me ever again?" :-D
Last edited by MackerelCat on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Logics,
You don't need this headache right now or EVER again. I hope you stay strong and continue to say NO!!!
In my opinion, for what it is worth...your sister is being undeniably cruel to you. You have enough on your plate and at some point it will be time for you to be concerned for you.
I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
I believe your life will be more peaceful if you don't hear from your sister.
JCKitty

rinty

Post by rinty »

jckitty wrote:Logics,
You don't need this headache right now or EVER again. I hope you stay strong and continue to say NO!!!
In my opinion, for what it is worth...your sister is being undeniably cruel to you. You have enough on your plate and at some point it will be time for you to be concerned for you.
I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
I believe your life will be more peaceful if you don't hear from your sister.
JCKitty

I could not agree more that this sister IS being actually cruel. Its gone on so long I think Logics is used to it so if it needs for her to hear from others ( US) that its wrong, so be it.

Bless you, Logics, draw a line in the sand !