Daily Check In January 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily Check In January 13, 2018

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

BevMoore wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 am
Good morning everyone!
My agenda today is housework, housework and more housework! I am so far behind and things are looking a mess. The pack likes to burrow under the bedcovers so they are constantly in disarray. So much for tidy looking beds. Same pack also got me up this morning.

Cold and foggy weather here. Yesterday after work we all went to eat dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant close to work. I really enjoy my co workers; they are such a great supportive group. I have a feeling the economic tide will start to turn here in Cali in the next year or so, so my encore career may come to an end at the point :( But in the meantime I will enjoy the run while it lasts. The cost of living has become unsustainable in most parts of our state and people are starting to migrate eastbound. DS has a few friends who moved to Arizona to escape the high rents here. They have gone beyond ridiculous.

Bev
Oh Bev, I can relate - my dogs and cats, combined with this weather, have had my house looking dreadful. I went around today and scrubbed every single window sill and base board, including the base board heaters. They were dusty and had pet hair all over them.

I have my dining room curtains in the washing machine now. I got all the furniture vacuumed - still need to vacuum carpets. I am noticing how much the interior of my house needs painting - but it is going to wait one more year.

frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

It's below freezing again, so I had to plug in the chickens' (and the rabbit's) water heater again.
https://www.myfrugalhome.com/diy-water- ... door-pets/
Also, I braved the cold long enough to de-ice the car windows, in case we have to go out. A lot of Tennessee received beautiful snow yesterday and overnight, but we just got ice, again. Aaron

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

Slept in and woke feeling fine!!! Chickens are fed and out, throw rugs from front door in the washer and kitchen cleaned. Still need to put dishes away but sidetracked myself to wash hair and put my make up on. Makes me feel more human KWIM????
It is snowing off and on, lots of ice under it and makes for treacherous driving. Not going anywhere except dads for supper tonight so that's good.

I need to deal with some apples, they will become applesauce have become too soft for dried apples. but I will not waste them. Eventually the applesauce will become applesauce-raisin loaf.

Sheila, I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and am constantly amazed at the hair and dander that I clean up on what seems to be a daily basis. Cat yacked on the carpeted stairs this morning, I swear that cat has a built in mean streak. :? She was supposed to grow out of the "teenage rottenness " but never did.

I am tired of winter clothes, longing for spring and green grass. Spring fever is running a top peak for me, received my first seed catalog yesterday and even though I am not planning a garden this year, it made me reconsider it.
Off to get started again.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have nine dogs and three cats. I swear the cats make a bigger mess. After they cross the bridge I will never have another indoor cat! I can't believe I have come to this conclusion. I had a cat sleeping and living with me almost all my life!

I'm done with dogs too. And not because they are messy. I just want a less complicated life.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Once I changed ind0or/outdoor cat's diet to k/d pate the cat yacking has subsided and he has gotten heavier. i am not allowing him to go outside.

Bev

2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm
I have nine dogs and three cats. I swear the cats make a bigger mess. After they cross the bridge I will never have another indoor cat! I can't believe I have come to this conclusion. I had a cat sleeping and living with me almost all my life!

I'm done with dogs too. And not because they are messy. I just want a less complicated life.
ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!! I swore after my Sadie passed in 2013 I would never have another dog. RIGHT>>>>>>>

I have both of these mutts because of my ex. Lucy (beagle/basset) belonged to some wretched "friends" of his who were horrid to her - she was way under fed, her tie-out was literally about 2 ft. long and she spent her nights sleeping in a CAT carrier - she could not stand or turn around or even MOVE! I took her on way back when I still lived in my trailer and I would drop her off at ex's house on my way to work (we worked different shifts).

Hope (yellow lab) he found in a dumpster when she was just a few weeks old.

I am even more over cats than dogs. I don't even especially like cats - I just feel so sorry for them when they're not provided for and not spayed/neutered/vaccinated.

I am so tied down and have so much extra work because of these critters. I really resent it sometimes. ON THE OTHER HAND...

My dogs allow (okay, they MAKE me!!) me to get out and move and excersise and see people. They provide protection, entertainment and - let me tell you - WARMTH...it is far cheaper to snuggle with a dog than run the heat!

I would not give them up for anything - I just like to complain about them. :-)