Daily Check in March 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Daily Check in March 23, 2018

Post by snowangel729 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Hey Yall!

Just wanted to update yall, my GRE is next week. I have been studying alot. Using all free resources and books :) No way am I paying for study material. We have been busy over here. I redid our front area of the house, and am working on cleaning up our spare room. We have been using it for storage but now we let my younger (teen age ) cousin stay over on weekends so I cleaned it up for her. Everything is going well.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Carleen wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 pm
This topic of finding people to do stuff with reminds me of when we first built this house and I had been chatting with a lady who lives a couple of houses down from us. She had said that she had been trying to lose weight so I asked her if she'd like to join me in my daily (weather permitting) walk.

Not only did she say NO, she said that she doesn't do anything that has even the slightest possibility of sweating... !!!

Oh, OK...
I'm thankful I have a walking partner usually and do have an exercise class I can attend twice a week. But tomorrow's outing was sort of a farm type and nature reserve type thing. Wah.....

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:49 pm

colonialgirl wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:48 pm
Not necessary Janet. My cousin had hip surgery and I am going to bring her some food and a meal or two for my great niece with the new baby - so I will be coming down there anyway. It will be at least a week or two.
Ok Great! Looking forward to meeting you..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:51 pm

snowangel729 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm
Hey Yall!

Just wanted to update yall, my GRE is next week. I have been studying alot. Using all free resources and books :) No way am I paying for study material. We have been busy over here. I redid our front area of the house, and am working on cleaning up our spare room. We have been using it for storage but now we let my younger (teen age ) cousin stay over on weekends so I cleaned it up for her. Everything is going well.
Snowangel.. Good to hear from and that you are doing well. Keep in touch when able.. We do love hearing how things are going..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 pm
clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm
We are having some weird weather.

Started out sunny but now overcast. At least there is a nice breeze.

Had a busy morning. A little stressful to me due to the conversations we had. It is just me of course.

And then the little outing i thought was on for tomorrow had to be cancelled. No one wanted to go after all. Wah - i do have to say that i need to make other going out partners. The usual suspects and i don't have the same interests.

So i'm kind of feeling blah about that.

:cry:
Clem I know what you mean about finding people with similar interests. Most of my friends have passed away and I need to find a new outlet somewhere. My aide is ok, .. the woman has a Phd, but we are not all that compatible. We do have some interesting conversations but I need to widen my circle. Good luck in your search. Janet Alliesmama
well the truth comes out! One had a better offer - the main one that wanted to go on this outing! If it wasn't for her wanting to go, I probably wouldn't have really been upset if no one went. I called her about something and she was in the city eating with another friend. They probably did other stuff and forgot she told me she wasn't feeling well enough to go. Oh well. She loves to go out to eat and kind of would want me to be able to take her out to the city to eat more often.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:22 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 pm
alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 pm
clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm
We are having some weird weather.

Started out sunny but now overcast. At least there is a nice breeze.

Had a busy morning. A little stressful to me due to the conversations we had. It is just me of course.

And then the little outing i thought was on for tomorrow had to be cancelled. No one wanted to go after all. Wah - i do have to say that i need to make other going out partners. The usual suspects and i don't have the same interests.

So i'm kind of feeling blah about that.

:cry:
Clem I know what you mean about finding people with similar interests. Most of my friends have passed away and I need to find a new outlet somewhere. My aide is ok, .. the woman has a Phd, but we are not all that compatible. We do have some interesting conversations but I need to widen my circle. Good luck in your search. Janet Alliesmama
well the truth comes out! One had a better offer - the main one that wanted to go on this outing! If it wasn't for her wanting to go, I probably wouldn't have really been upset if no one went. I called her about something and she was in the city eating with another friend. They probably did other stuff and forgot she told me she wasn't feeling well enough to go. Oh well. She loves to go out to eat and kind of would want me to be able to take her out to the city to eat more often.
I think that would make me mad to find out I had been dumped like that. I use to have a friend and the only time I heard from her was when she wanted to go some where. One day I drove her when she needed and wanted to go .. I put 100 miles on my car and she was mean an hateful about things and I thought enough of this.. So I had to stop being her "friend" I was just someone she used..She wondered why she had no friends.. Duh.Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama