Daily Check in March 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in March 23, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Extremely windy out, but the snow has not started here as of yet. It has hit western portions of the province and so will eventually reach here. The blowing snow is causing havoc though as the blown snow sticks to the road and turns to ice. The wind has managed to push cars and truck off the highway.

I took my pill this morning and now must wait an hour before I get coffee.... Not a happy person at this moment and I still have half an hour to wait. Do many typing mistakes in the short amount I have written down.

Frugal happenings are the usual, I hove no energy or the hands to try something new at this point. Perhaps when the cast is off I will start some flower and garden seeds. The winter has been so long and I think is finally getting to me.

I do mean to head into the sewing/craft room and pull together some more projects. I still have patterns to add to a few yarn kit projects I put together. Guess it is time to pull out the pattern books.

Supper this evening is going to be French Toast. Breakfast for supper happens all too rarely in this house.

Today I am grateful that the snow has not arrived as of yet.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Sunny but cold, outside chores done and now I have moved on to decluttering the different places I have a habit of just "sticking stuff into" :? mainly baskets that are supposed to be for specific things... a basket for sunglasses by the door, a basket for keys and coupons and etc. I did another closet also....I still own too much stuff.

I cleaned the fridge, like Jackie trying for zero waste....it is hard.

One load of laundry to do and then floors.
Off to get started again,
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired, I walked over to DollarTree, I needed an anniversary card, and a couple of Birthday cards. I then walked down to the mailbox and mailed the first card. That event is on Tuesday. So it needed to go into the mail today.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

And the storm has hit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I hope you are going to be okay with that weather. And Janet and her doggie nephew too!

This morning I got up with such a nasty headache that I really did not want to go to work, but toughed it out because there's just so much that has to be done. I won't be going to a work event tonight, though, as I'm planning to take a shower and go to bed shortly after getting home.

Aside from two packages of dates and dog food/treats/supplements, I have not spent any money this week.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie, I’m glad that you can stay indoors and hope that you don’t get the 10 inches you mentioned yesterday.

For those interested, I just read that Jimmy Carter will be interviewed by Jane Pauley on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday. I knew that the CBS cameras were at the church when I was there. And for those Trump supporters, I read that President Carter says something nice about Trump regarding North Korea. (President Carter is a better person than I am!) President Carter didn’t mention Trump or North Korea specifically during our class. But he began by saying that when he became president the DOD explained our nuclear capability to him and he realized that he (and any president) has the ability to wipe out mankind because of retaliation. He said that fact is what weighed on him most heavily when he was president. CBS Sunday Morning is on at 9 a.m. I think.