Daily check in April 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in April 21, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Just getting us started.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in April 21, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Today I have a busy day Actually a busy weekend. I will not have time to do laundry at Mom and Dad's. This morning DS2s has an Academic team tournament. Then this evening we were given tickets to the city's soccer team match. A bunch of extended family members are going, including Mom and Dad. It should be fun.

Tomorrow I am going with a group to see Phantom of the Opera.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Saturday morning all,

The car situation is still uncertain. I opened the hood and looked for leaks and then started the engine and looked for leaks or smells. Also noted that the gas gauge now showed the expected level of gas, not almost empty. So hubs thinks the sensor has gone wacky. Today, I will use it to go shopping. We will see what happens out on the road. Still, I will not feel safe, so I will car hunt. We did a bit on online research and I want the new safety features. Hubs says they may be hard to get in a smaller car. Thanks Maggie for sharing your experiences. Janet, yep I may need some luck.

I find being upset(about the car) to be exhausting. I didn't have a very productive day by my standards. Still I planted a few things, watered and did a little mulching. I had just laid down for a short afternoon nap, when my girlfriend called. We ended up talking an hour, so no nap. She and I graduated from high school together. She also was a neighbor and we did a lot together as children. She is going to the 50th high school reunion. I am not. It is a convenient drive for her. For me, it would be a long plane ride, rental car and motel. They asked everyone to tell what they have done in the last 50 years. Writing that up was interesting. I still want to add a little, but I have had a good life.

I realized that I am going to have another mouth to feed for a few days next week when my military son stays with us. :shock: I need to think what I am going to do.

Today is the last day before it starts raining. I always try to get things planted before a rain because rain is so good for the garden. Hubs is back on his medication, so it is shower time as well. I probably will give him a hair cut too.

Today will be a trip to Winn-dixie for their sale on turkey breasts, 99c/lb, limit 4. Also yogurt and another try for eggs. First, I will drive and park and walk to dollar tree. There is an optometrist next door. I will see if they will tighten my glasses for free. Most will. Then buy the food from Winn-dixie. That will be my walk for the day. Hubs says there is a prescription to pick up at Walgreens. That should be our last one before getting a $5 off. If I can take it off the prescription, that will be great. Then I will move them to the CVS which is in walking distance. This is part of my plan to reduce car use. More things within walking distance. Less car use. Frugal and healthy.

Hubs is pretty ok with this diet and seems interested in continuing it. Losing some more weight. He feels that with his low level of muscles(disabled), he is still overweight. He is not within normal BMI either. Well, we will see. My neighbor's church helps the poor and I have some food here, unopened that we will not be able to have again. It is time to give it away if it is not expired. Interesting times.

Cat got me up at 5:30 am. I think she believes that is when I should get up. Since I went to bed early, no problem. Today, I am grateful. Just for everything. Have a good day everyone. Be safe and happy.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sounds like a great weekend Maggie. Have fun.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Well Hubby got all the painting done so he and youngest will be laying floor today. Me, well I will be busy making an Easter feast a few weeks after Easter.

I have a few things to get out of the freezer (bread for stuffing, and the pie) and will start getting things ready to go around noon today, it is just 6:30 am now. I can still get my exercises in and my walk.

The Trefoil Tea is on today, just up the hill so after I get things started here I may take a walk and support our local Guiding movement by having some tea and looking at their craft tables.

Frugally speaking I will be using items from fridge, freezer and cupboard for cooking today. Things are slowly being used up so I need to make a stock up list for shopping at Costco very soon. We have already run out of salmon and trout fillets, kcups, laundry soap, dish detergent, coffee, and various other items that I am now buying at the Coop at ridiculously high prices.

Yesterday I managed to get most of the books put away. It really looks bare now and I miss those books filling shelves that I decluttered almost 2 years ago. Oh well, perhaps I can sneak a few past Hubby every so often and get those shelves filled once again.

Between cooking, prepping and doing my exercises I plan on doing a bit of knitting. I am slowly but surely getting all those small balls and orphan skeins/balls gone. It may be the craziest looking of blankets, but since it is just for me I really don't mind.

Next week the sun is supposed to be shining and I should have gotten enough done on the blanket that after morning chores I will spend time in the sewing room. I need to get a few tops done for the spring and summer, never mind a couple of new dresses.

Today I am grateful for another lovely day, and having DS home (along with Eiko, his cat) to help Hubby and for me to cook for.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....
Sunny and high 40s right now. It's officially opening day for the youth baseball league ... which is where DH is right now.
Jackie, it sounds like things are finally moving along on your house. So nice that your DS is available to help.

Busy weekend of catch-up ... want to hit Kroger for the cereal sale and I have some coupons I want to use before they expire. I also need to get some ink cartridges refilled and pop over to Fresh Thyme for the on-sale produce.
Still a bit behind on dinner planning, but we've managed to put something together ... as for household stuff, eh ... just trying to get the necessary things done. The rest will have to wait until my seasonal gig is over.
We're planning on hitting a nearby festival later today ... should be fun.