Daily check in April 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in April 21, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

DGFlorida - don't worry about what to feed your military son.

He should be wining and dining you the whole time he is there~ :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another overcast gloomy day. Too bad it isn't cold. Just cool.

Yesterday was much cooler. I went to mass last night and the ladies were just shivering. They said it was freezing. I think it might have been 65 degrees. My sister even had on a big neck scarf. Y'all northerners would die from laughing at us - well them.

Just going to take it easy today - I hope.

Have an election coming up. These people - well - one person can get nasty. My BP was raging just reading comments from one whackaloon. My friend is running for office and we are sort of helping.

I hope the election goes smoothly. It is in two weeks.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got a call from the women who helps me with my grocery shopping she has a Migraine so we won’t be going today. If by Monday I haven’t been able to go I will call a taxi and go shopping. Or ask my friend across the hall. She has told me to ask her in the past. I will not go without food.

I hate doing Judy’s magic cast on, but it is something I need to do for my next project. I also hate doing Kitchener the stitch being left handed it is very awkward. I knit right handed but use my left hand when using a hand sewing needle.

Today we have showers predicted. Not much rain is predicted. A front will be coming through over night.

Penny
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning. Beautiful day here. Personally, if I can't take my poor sweet dogs on a walk, I don't care if winter lasts forever. Poor pups just don't understand...

Anyway...up at 7:30 this morning - very late for me. Got laundry washed and hung up and washed dishes. Breakfast was leftover homemade pizza - it's what I wanted so it's what I had, giving the crust to the dogs - it is their very favorite "treat".

I am off from work next week. I am very torn - between my HUGE "to do" list and the need to stay off my knee as much as possible. I guess I will do a little bit here and there as I can.

I am also going to boss's house 3x a day to let HER dogs out, feed them, etc. It is a different situation from what I have with my dogs - hers have a place to go out and they can't run away. I usually take her dogs for walks when I dog sit for them - but she knows that won't be happening this time and they are fine with it.

Off to get some online work done. Wish you all a good weekend.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good morning

its semi sunny and semi warm so I want to set off for a long walk.

i think I'll walk over to Fiesta Farms, a big independent grocery store with a lot of organics. i won't buy a lot as I don't want to haul along my shopping cart. they have a garden centre there as well - there won't be much in it yet as it's too early but it might give me a taste of spring.

other plans for the day include checking all the figures I input on my tax return and then attempting to net-file it. Once I receive confirmation it has been received by Revenue Canada, i'll pay what i think I owe through online banking.

And this afternoon I should take my shopping cart and go either to Canadian Tire or to the garden Centre near here and get some more potting soil so I can thin out and pot up my 2 kinds of parsley seedlings.

i have a piece of rotisserie chicken I can have for lunch with salad. and I have some fresh pasta, carrots and broccoli for supper.

Take care,
AnneX
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Well, an update here. I now have two mystery shops to complete on Monday - same grocery store in two different towns. Each pays $21.00 plus a shopping reimbursement of $7.50 -- so I will be making the most of that.

So far, grocery shopping hasn't been "too hard" for me as I can lean on my cart while navigating the store. I will be going through my coupons and the sale ad tomorrow to make the most of my $15.00 in free groceries!

So Monday is pretty well "taken" - it will take me a good hour to do each shop (plus 40 minute total drive time) plus about 30 minutes to do each shop report. Add three visits to boss's house to care for her dogs and I won't be wanting for things to do on Monday!

I plan to get the shops done right away - early in the morning. This is good friends - paid time off from one job and extra income from the "side hustles" -

Back to online surveys. I will get as many as I can done before the library closes at 2:00.