Daily Check in April 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in April 24, 2018

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, years ago when I busted up my right knee, one crutch was really useful. You use it on the uninjured side and only lightly touch down the foot on the bad side to keep your balance. It takes almost all the stress off the bad knee without tying up both your hands. But you won't be able to walk the girls for a while.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 pm Sheila, years ago when I busted up my right knee, one crutch was really useful. You use it on the uninjured side and only lightly touch down the foot on the bad side to keep your balance. It takes almost all the stress off the bad knee without tying up both your hands. But you won't be able to walk the girls for a while.
Yep, this !!! take care get well.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

G’Evening all,

I'm sooooo tired!! Awake at 4am, up finally just before 5am to get ds13 wakened. My brain isn't functioning properly, complete sentences and grammar tend to fall at the wayside when I'm This tired. 😉

Dh took ds13 to Children's Hospital in SLC to see Pediatric General Surgeon. The short version is that Dh talked his way into Ds13 getting surgery on Thursday (2days) rather than waiting 1-2 weeks as the Dr was trying to put him off for. It is an outpatient surgery.

So... subbing this week is tortuous... perhaps because I've been so tired and worried for my son. However, I'm hopeful that the rest of this week will go better.. though the 4th period class with this current Sub assignment (today plus 2 more days) is wildly crazy.

However, as crazy as subbing might be with some teachers’ students, I still keep accepting the assignments as they pop up— 3 more today. 13 today for this month (if I'm counting correctly), and 8 thus far for May. 😁😁 Yes the 2 Sllloooooowwwwww months!!!

I just realized that I need to call my cousin to beg beds for Dh & ds13, for Wednesday night. I still have a few minutes until my late dinner of Shepherd’s Pie is completed.

Today I’m soooo thankful for good news for ds13... surgery Thursday that is.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 pm G’Evening all,

I'm sooooo tired!! Awake at 4am, up finally just before 5am to get ds13 wakened. My brain isn't functioning properly, complete sentences and grammar tend to fall at the wayside when I'm This tired. 😉

Dh took ds13 to Children's Hospital in SLC to see Pediatric General Surgeon. The short version is that Dh talked his way into Ds13 getting surgery on Thursday (2days) rather than waiting 1-2 weeks as the Dr was trying to put him off for. It is an outpatient surgery.

So... subbing this week is tortuous... perhaps because I've been so tired and worried for my son. However, I'm hopeful that the rest of this week will go better.. though the 4th period class with this current Sub assignment (today plus 2 more days) is wildly crazy.

However, as crazy as subbing might be with some teachers’ students, I still keep accepting the assignments as they pop up— 3 more today. 13 today for this month (if I'm counting correctly), and 8 thus far for May. 😁😁 Yes the 2 Sllloooooowwwwww months!!!

I just realized that I need to call my cousin to beg beds for Dh & ds13, for Wednesday night. I still have a few minutes until my late dinner of Shepherd’s Pie is completed.

Prayer, good thought and hugs to you and yours.
YEAH for DH for stepping up!!!

IC
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 pm
gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 pm G’Evening all,

Prayer, good thought and hugs to you and yours.
YEAH for DH for stepping up!!!

IC
Thanks. :)