Daily Check in May 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 8, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

I used to use cypress mulch in the regular veggie garden. Kept the weeds out.

I also stopped using my cultivator. I read that tilling just brought up old weed seeds and sure enough - I'd just dig a small hole for my plant and nothing else. No weeds.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning, I had already planned on doing my kitchen and bath floors. I spilled coffee just after I put milk in it. I got coffee all over the microwave, counter, kitchen floor, and me.

I changed my wet clothes, put the dresses into the washer, I hadn’t planned on doing that load today. Then I had my coffee. I did the floors at least this time I spilled all over the floor before I did the floors not after as I usually manage to do.

I hope to be able to do some smaller things around my apartment after I rest.

Tomorrow I plan on doing one more major thing the shower walls and the tub. I may not be able to do it all done at once but it does get done.

Penny
rinty

Post by rinty »

Clem amen re facial hair. Electrolysis and waxing RULES.

Yesterday was hard. DS is away again. Back to work to rest and zone out.....not really. Lots of national tests for British children, its very hard on them especially the little ones, some of the questions are VERY hard.

DH has been grandbaby sitting all day, DD and DGS here overnight. Little bit of laundry and collecting all the garden prunings and rubbish for a tip run by DH. Can't be bothered to do paperwork , but have to do SOME as the social worker only works part time.......
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ended up taking ill sibling to her regular doctor. He's mine too so saw him for my sinus issues.

Now on meds for that, so didn't get hair cut or face waxed. Oh well - look away - :lol:

Maybe tomorrow
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey everyone,

He more trouble with waking up in the wee hours of the AM and forgot to check in before heading off to work. But not much new in my world. I packed breakfast, lunch and snack. I left work, voted and am now finishing my day be working from home. I have the sliding glass door open and can hear waterfalls and the birds. It is rather peaceful.

So far I am not really happy with the paint job on the paper mache hat box for DS's card holder "drum". I may get a can of spray paint so it goes on more even.

Have a great day,
Maggie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Afternoon Everyone,

The rain has finally gone somewhere else and we've had two beautiful days in a row. I have finally gotten some things done that I planned on the outside. I am certainly out of shape from to much sitting this Winter, got to tackle this stuff in smaller bites.

I was able to get some leaves raked from the front beds around my shrubs and flowering bushes and used the roundup on some pesky weeds. I sprayed two patio tables and finished power-washing the patio. I will make a trip to Lowe"s tomorrow to buy the rest of my plants to go in my pots on the patio wall. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will get fresh paint on the bricks and sealant on the top of the wall. That will make everything look so fresh and springy. I think Penny mentioned that Summer was almost here, I think I missed Spring. Sure didn't last long enough to suit me.

I am going to have a repeat of last nights dinner tonight as I had plenty of leftovers. I love fresh veggies and could eat them 7 days a week I think.

I saw the cutest idea on a blog this morning and I just may make me one. You take a quart fruit jar and make a cloth sleeve to fit over the outside, spray paint the lid and rim in gold or silver and attach a crystal knob to the top. Makes great holders for cotton swabs, cotton balls, makeup remover pads and etc. I thought it might even be cute to not put a sleeve on it and use the jars for storing marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, chocolate or peppermint chips and cookies for my coffee/hot chocolate bar. They could be labeled with chalk labels and find a knob more fitting for a kitchen decor. I would try and find knobs that match the hardware on my kitchen cabinets. Maybe stagger them in size using pint and quart jars.

Well, I've done enough for today so am going to kick back and read tonight. I've started a new book by Ashley Judd, "All is Bitter and Sweet". So far I'm enjoying it.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.