Daily Check in May 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 pm Update: I had a great job interview this evening and have fingers crossed.

LittleMiss, when we lived in Georgia, we had to power wash the porches with detergent to get that oily pine pollen off them. It is not quite so bad here in Tennessee, thank goodness.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm Hey All

Jackie, have you tried growing herbs from seed ? We have had success with everything other than dill and basil. The oregano we have is grown in a large trough about 6ft long alongside rosemary, mint and sage. It comes back every year. Its about 2ft square right now, lovely thick growth.

Haven't planted the plants I got this weekend either, I am hardening them off as the weather has been so changeable. I want to get some flats of petunias or impatiens in pinks , pale purples or whites then I will be DONE ;) The only new planter I have this year is the tin that had lemon panettone in it that I got from COSTCO.

PRETTIEST TIN EVER.........in pale lemon and green with a tough of blue.

I need to put in for my extra hours this month, only about 8 hours but it all adds up.

More Tom stuff but I have lost the will to live over most if it, forked out another £200 as you do...........

This weekend will be very low key cost wise, we'll do a National Trust property if the weather is good to get out and about but otherwise No Spend, we are haemmoraging cash ........oh and THAT wedding will be on.

Frankly going off Meghan at the moment, wot is up with her dad, "I'll give her away" Wait I won't give her away "

Pillock. Ridiculous drama. I wish Harry had eloped. I love Harry, she better not do him wrong............just sayin'.

The allotment is looking good. Hoping DH health keeps up too as he and another allotmenteer have taken on another plot between them. DH has put some furniture up there as well, turning it into a more social space........we have some homemade Adirondack style chairs............made from old pallets would you believe. We need a little table and ( given the British weather ) a stripey windbreak. Our secondhand shed needs stuff grown all over it to make it look better.........its a metal one so very hardwearing and all but UGLY. Climbing roses ? Clematis ? Really Big Weeds ?????

Anyway, hair still thinning quite badly which will prob drive me to the doctor which I need to do re all the stress this hassle has generated. I need to function properly for the family, often its said being a carer makes you ..(list of positive personality traits ) No it doesn't, it makes you a Bitter and Twisted Old Bag :shock: In fact if I ever had a Twitter handle, that would be it.

Can't be bothered to cook, DH is babysitting , hope they fed him !
Rinty, I have tried to grow herbs by seed years back. I started everything in pots in the house and did not have much luck with them (well, except for mint). I have never tried sowing them directly outside. Might have to give that a try next year.

(((Rinty))) I do hope the stress for you, Tom, and DH ends very soon. Or if it doesn't end at least get a bit less for all of you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/