Daily Check in May 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 21, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Last night's Baccalaureate was very nice. Afterwards, as I was treating DS to some Cincinnati Chili, he said he told his Dad not to worry about coming. So i guess if he is Ok with it, I need to be too. Can't do anything about it now.

I need to pack my lunch and breakfast. Tonight I have a meeting for the High School tech committee. I will stick with them through the summer as they are working on a project in my area of expertise.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in May 21, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

For the moment, it is not raining. So I may be able to get my walk in with the neighbor and even a short one with hubs. I do need to go the grocery store. I am not sure that will happen before it starts raining again. But I am out of stuff and must go.

Yesterday, it rained all day. The young man and I agreed that he couldn't work yesterday due to the rain and today is set for the same weather pattern and the week is set for 90% chance of rain every day. Hubs says the first dry day is June 3rd. :roll: No reason to pay someone to push around puddles. Still, I was able to move a couple of shovels of dirt between showers yesterday. They were heavy and wet.

I did get all my plants transplanted and the high humidity and rain helped them adjust. The rains have brought out the bad bugs and I am squishing them every day when I make the rounds of the garden. I will pull up the sunflowers soon. The squirrel damage has ruined them. The mosquitoes love this weather. It only takes a few days to breed in a puddle and the puddles don't dry up in time unfortunately.

I have decided to use the spare bathroom to set up for material cutting and crafts. I have a 6 ft table stored in the laundry room that could function for set up. The spare bathroom is never used for just the two of us. I am frustrated that I haven't been able to get much done on my various recycle crafts. That may happen today.

This week, I plan to rearrange my kitchen cabinets. I have things that I use often inconveniently stored and things I don't use in easy reach.

Today, I am grateful for being pain free. Have a good day everyone.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up with the alarm, drinking coffee and trying to decide how to proceed with my day :? The weather dude is saying more storms and rain this afternoon....so that could change my plans. :(

To be perfectly honest I don't feel a lot of enthusiasm this morning... I have a list made and just need to get started.

It is cool out and very dreary looking so far this morning, I do better with sunshine. I like sunny with very light heat....picky much?

My potted tomato plants are doing well and the blackberry patch is cleaned out, need to mow here in a bit. But some house chores need done first and can't hang laundry on lines until mowing is done...see how easy it is to dither and balk at doing stuff? :oops:

Off to make some decisions and get started.
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

We had wonderful rain yesterday. I thought I was going to have to start watering the grass. This saved me that trouble. Hate doing that what a waste of water.

Anyway, it was a windy thunderstorm and several trees were uprooted around here. One fell on a line so we lost power for a few hours. Those guys out there that work for the line company work fast. As soon as it was over, their trucks were prowling the streets hunting down any problems.

The temp plummeted down to the low 60s. It was very nice.

Today will get to the 80s.

Unlike y'all i have no nagging feeling in my head that i should be doing this or that - lol. I can happily go through my day doing as little housework or yard work as possible! Bad me. LOL

Have a great day all
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining and while there is a bit of wind I think it is going to be a lovely day. I must get my morning walk in and water planters early this morning. I have lots to do today and as laundry is out of the question until tomorrow (DS will be doing his today) I plan on getting some of Tuesdays chores completed today. I don't know if my compulsion to follow my list will be satisfied, but my cleaning and neatening gene might.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening here. I have trained youngest well and he will be hanging clothes on the lines outside.

Meals will be made with what is on hand in the house. We won't starve that's for sure. I will be appliance cooking today so the house does not heat up and we save a little bit on electrical costs.

Since I didn't get the mini pies done yesterday or the mini cupcakes iced that will be done today. I did get the sugar cinnamon mixture on the mini donuts before I conked out with lack of energy.

I plan on my early morning constitutional right after I finish this post (well not right after as I need to brush my teeth and dress first, me walking in my nighty might be pushing it a bit).

Drapes and blinds are open to let in the morning sun. I will be opening the windows a bit as well. If the house stays cooler longer I am happy not to have to use the air conditioning.

Supper this evening is going to be Baked Ham, scalloped potatoes, cheesy broccoli, and of course those mini pies with ice cream for dessert.

Today I am grateful for the three in a row nights of a wonderful sleep. If I did get up for a visit to the bathroom, I toddled back to bed and fell straight to sleep once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Feeling lots of energy today. :o

I'm thinking of going to the library for an hour to work in the nook, outside of the book sale last week I have not been there since the beginning of the year, time to go back!

This week looks to be busy, the 33 year old car may be picked up this week, I will have to be here to hand over the keys and paperwork. I have asked DH to clear out the car, paperwork etc. he said yes we can do it, by we he means me, I told him that i would like him to do it. we shall see. :roll:

When the car is picked up then I can call the garage door people, our garage door is ready, but they need the driveway clear.

The pool people plan to start this week, but I don't know what day, it may be weds or Thurs. so I will have to stick close to home this week.

I do want to go to my PT this Thurs. And no DH does not want to handle anything for me . oh well!!!

So yesterday my SIL and MIL came over to pick up a couple of things that they wanted. I had sent my SIL photos of stuff, she resales stuff, I was disappointed with how little she took. If worse comes to worse into the charity bag the stuff will go. This is stuff that she said that she wanted. :?

This post is being written in "bits and pieces" I'm afraid that my post will disappear.

IC