Greetings from Aunt Bridget

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Greetings from Aunt Bridget

Post by rinty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 am

AuntBridget wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi everyone !
Have I really not been on here since November? How did that happen ????

We just finished up the school year this past Friday. Peter will be in 10th grade in the fall. He did a pretty good job of adjusting to high school, and his new para....though he often says " I like her, but she's no Mrs. W." his para that he had 4-8 grades.

We are still struggling to find something to spark Peter's interest and get him more involved in things with other people. He still prefers to spend time in his room on his computer.

Hubby is still at the VA hospital. He is now working in the ER. He still works mostly evening, which seems to suit him. He will be celebrating his 50th birthday in a couple days. I'm such a cradle robber....LOL..... I hit my big 50 this past October.

We still have our dog Bently. She is doing pretty good for an old woman of 10. We have talked about getting a puppy to help keep her young, but I think she's doing pretty well on her own. To be honest, I'm not sure I want another dog once she passes. Guess time will tell.

Guess that brings things to me.....what can I say....I'm still fat and sassy. Just received recognition yesterday for 5 years of service with our school district. Hard to believe I've made it to where I am in such a short time......just been in the right place at the right time.

Some of you might remember how last summer I had won a certificate to a local health (kickboxing) club. It was a 10 week program, and then I ended up signing up for a year.....so still doing that, or should say, I'm back doing that. I kind of slacked off during the winter.

Still trying to be as frugal as possible. Of course I always seem to do better at this in the summer time. Not sure if it is because I have the extra time......or because, since I don't receive a paycheck for 3 months, I kind of HAVE to be frugal.

One thing I did do this year, is to purchase some gift cards through the schools script program. It is where you purchase gift cards at no extra cost to you and the school gets a percentage of sales. I got some a local grocery store, the gas station that we use, CVS (for RX) and Walmart for groceries and other necessities.

Guess that is about it for now.....I want to go do some reading of the forum and see who all is still around and what is going on with everyone.

My goal is to get back in the habit of doing the daily check in.

:)

Hi Bridget, lovely to see a post from you and to here about DS. To be fair most lads that age live in their rooms with a computer screen ;) so don't worry about that too much. Its just what they are watching sometimes. Over in the UK, the demon game FORTNITE is all consuming, it does make me mad when you have 8 yr olds playing things like that .

Anyway glad things are going well with work and stuff. x

AuntBridget

Re: Greetings from Aunt Bridget

Post by AuntBridget » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome home !

I really do feel like this is home....a safe place to come back to when you need a little bit of love....or even a nice polite kick in the pants :-)

You are all such a good influence on me. You remind me to be mindful of what is important when it comes to spending my hard earned money, and not to be wasteful.

(((HUGS))) to you all !
Aunt Bridget