Daily Check In June 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In June 9th

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning my frugal friends

Another bright sunny day here in south texas.

Temps should stay barely under 100 degrees. I think I am getting used to it now. But still look forward to fall.

Feeling sad cuz I missed out on two trips. One to the big apple and one to Yellowstone. I just can't leave the cod with all these boys and girls. Oh well, I plan on taking those trips further down the road.

Gotta start my purge. I found a couple of brand new shorts in one drawer. Have to get rid of the heavy cotton cargo shorts. They are too big and too bulky. The type I liked before were soft denim. This time its a light fabric meant for hiking type adventures. Airs and drys quickly.

So I will clean out some drawers today.

Have a good one
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 am Well, hello All

Firstly, wildly pleased to see Aunt Bridget popping in. Hi Bridget, hope life is treating you well ? Hows the BIL ?

I have been away on a school residential trip.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So I am JOLLY TIRED. You just can't switch off. AT ALL. It was fun though.

We did have one thing that got on my last nerve. You herd the kids to mealtimes, you try to ensure Kid 1 eats something other than I apple and a fishstick ( and that one is at least eating not bewailing the food choices on offer ) You scan to make sure they are all sitting down at least then you get your own meal and SIT DOWN. Sitting down is the best part............2 minutes into your meal the course leader will appear and say we have to rush to get to activity A so are you ready ?????

Oi Vey, not restful , but fun. Hopefully the lack of being given time to actually eat myself will help the weightloss. I got bored having lost 2 stone but need to get back to it. 2 stone is still good though !

We had guests for dinner last night, it was the night before they fly back to Texas so it had to be after work which meant a KRAZY RUSH AROUND but we'd planned the meal to death and it all went very well. Such a nice evening and one day, we will visit them over there........just not in summertime ; )

I had a nice financial surprise. As I am over 55 I looked into my pension from the company I used to work for PRE KIDS. I had checked before and guessstimated my pension from them, ( which I can draw in 2022 ) would be £2400 a year. Nope its nearly £4000 a year.

Well, BOOYAH :)

Just for kicks and giggles ( as I am over 55 I can have some cash tax free now if I want it, obs this impacts on the future pension as the pot will be less ) Anyway I checked and they offered £20K and I'd still get way more than the £2400 I had always thought I would get.

DH and I are now staring thoughtfully into each others eyes over this.......

If I live to 90 that would be a bad decision, if I collapse in an exhausted ( but happy) heap in my 70s , not so much.

ANYWAY. I'll know how DH really feels if he drops a copy of " Buy a Used Motorhome " in my lap won't I ?

ANYWAY, next week is normal work, and prob no spend. What I MUST do is actually get to the doctors. My entire scalp is raging, I have prob managed to give myself an infection and my feet were swollen footballs by Friday night. Happy but BEYOND TIRED.

DH is off with ex army buddies today so I have the house to myself. I would quite like to buy some bits I have been wanting and searching for, as he hates shopping it would be his idea of hell watching me go through HOMESENSE and TKMAXXX for a huge basket for shoes and some nice placemats.

Eh, that or laundry ???? Let the day begin.

Hugs to All !
I had to laugh at your discription of having lunch on a field trip.... Brought back many memories.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up much later than normal today, probably because we did not get home from the city until the wee hours of the morning.

The football game was a bit of a disaster. Meaning of course that our team did not do well at all. Hopefully next weeks game will be much better, we will be back home at least a half hour earlier!!!

My computer did updates yesterday and now is acting slightly off. It took awhile to get into my mail this morning, it is trying to backup to the cloud (and not succeeding) and just plain acting "strange". Youngest DS will be home in a couple of weeks and will hopefully be able to fix the glitches.

I will be heading out for my morning walk shortly and then it will be working on organizing a few things in the storage room. It really is quite the mess back there as things more or less just got moved any which way during the flooded basement incident. Since I will be busy doing that and working on the usual chores there will be no spending. Good thing as fuel, food, and parking in the city is getting expensive. We have one more trip this month as well.

I also need to bake bread, do a bit of weeding, and work on a couple of projects. It may just be that I have bitten off more than I can chew easily (though some things can be multitasked others can't).

Supper tonight is going to be BBQ. I am going to pull some ribs out of the freezer, and a tinfoil packet of potatoes and carrots done on the BBQ as well. Pull out the remaining salad and call things done!!

Today I am grateful that while we once again have a foggy morning (and had to drive through some really bad patches last night) we are home safe and sound.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Yesterday afternoon I came very close to having a car accident. Totally my fault. I was changing lanes to get into a left turn cutoff and I didn’t see the other car. Thankfully he was fast enough to get out of my way but it could have been bad. Lots of traffic and I was in a rush. I thanked God for protecting me, but it really shook me up.

I was out in the late afternoon to pick up a free Papa John’s Pizza. Just had a hankering for pizza and I had points collected from free Super Bowl/football offers over several years. I’ve never paid for a Papa Johns pizza but have gotten several from promotions that I think they’ve pretty much discontinued. I ate half the pizza (medium) and froze the rest.

I’m still not feeling very energetic but will go to mom’s house and do some decluttering. I’m very slow. I do already have two small boxes of household items for Salvation Army and I’m going to look through mom’s closet for a few things. Going through mom’s closet is hard. I’m planning to drop the things at Salvation Army later today.

It is so hot so I’m not planning to work outdoors. That can only be done early morning or late afternoon.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am Good morning my frugal friends

Feeling sad cuz I missed out on two trips. One to the big apple and one to Yellowstone. I just can't leave the cod with all these boys and girls. Oh well, I plan on taking those trips further down the road.

Have a good one
I know how you feel. Even though Pippi is much better and it is easier with the special food and not the tablets, I feel bad thinking about leaving her for my trip to London. It will be nine days (really 8 1/2 because I get home mid-afternoon) but in many ways I wish I had booked it for 6 or 7 days. I could change it but change fee is $275 plus probably a higher airfare. I’m still going to have the petsitter come twice a day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 am
clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am Good morning my frugal friends

Have a good one
I know how you feel. Even though Pippi is much better and it is easier with the special food and not the tablets, I feel bad thinking about leaving her for my trip to London. It will be nine days (really 8 1/2 because I get home mid-afternoon) but in many ways I wish I had booked it for 6 or 7 days. I could change it but change fee is $275 plus probably a higher airfare. I’m still going to have the petsitter come twice a day.
I had booked the nyc trip and then cancelled. The COD said at first to go, and then he forgot and then he said he never said that. LOL

Oh well. It was a quick trip with school kids. Maybe the trips I take with the senior group is more my speed. I do want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying about what is going on back home.