Daily check in June 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in June 10, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:16 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:13 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Libby glad you mentioned you put the cheese, egg etc in separate containers.. I usually do that anyway when I have the time..I usually slice olives, grate cheese, chop eggs in bulk to save time, now with the greens already in the jars it will be easy to prep a salad. I use the small Pyrex custard size bowls to store salad dressing in. I have saved the lids from nut cans and they fit perfectly for storing salad dressing or my salad add on it for a quick salad. I do try to do meal prep the night before since it is less fatiguing to cook if everything is ready and you just have to throw it together.

Many , many times a week I thank the Lord that I am able to live on my own and do not have to answer to anyone but Him. Janet Alliesmama
Janet,

That is a very good idea using the recycled lids for the glass pyrex bowls. I will keep that in mind if I need a lid for one. I love using glass instead of plastic to store things in my fridge. I do love my fridge mates tupperware that Penny put me onto, but it's not your ordinary run of the mill plastic container. It keeps stuff for an unbelievable amount of time. I use them to put fresh strawberries, blueberries and kiwi in and they will last up to 3 weeks without any problem.

I am like you, I thank the Lord everyday for making it possible for me to live on my own without anyone's financial support. I can seek companionship if I choose, but I am not desperate to lower my standards or marry someone to be able to survive.

Sometimes, I sit and listen to my friends who are single talk about what they are looking for it in a man and I don't hear very much about love, it's what can he buy me or where can he afford to take me. One gal said she was looking for someone who was rich and had no kids to leave his money to. LOL Someone else told her good luck on that one.
It is sad the way some people take advantage of others. I do not even feel the need to date anyone. I might like to have a few more lady friends but men are a lot of work...which I really do not need right now in my life..

Have to sign off thunderstorm rolling in. It has cooled things down somewhat. Last time I checked we had a heat index of 101 F.

Have a good night.. ttyt, Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss

I too hate cleaning the fridge bins, so sometimes I take an easier route.

If I have a sticky spill, I’ll just get some paper towels, get them wet, spray them with Clorox and just put them on top of the spill

I’ll just let it sit there to soften it if it’s gotten dry. Soaks up the spill, cleans it and I can reuse the towels after I rinse them out.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

I've not been on here in aweek or two. Hubby was supposed to be working in Logan 2 weeks ago, but still not there yet. 😕

Dh & boys ganged up on me this evening,they a got their own way!! Boys will all have their own room, the guest/sewing room will no longer be, and I get my sewing stuff fully relegated to the laundry room. So be it!! I made dh promise that ONLY MY STUFF will be in that room, plus weekly clothing washing. He was mean about it, but agreed. Ds15 gets biggest room in basement with former-guest-room Queen bed, so if we get visitors they’ll use that room. Ds13 comes upstairs & ds10 gets former guestroom.

Tomorrow, we’ll start sorting, cleaning & rearranging. Wish me luck! My big boys think we’re going to get all of this done by noon Friday — it could happen, but I’m going to be EXHAUSTED!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 pm Hello all,

I've not been on here in aweek or two. Hubby was supposed to be working in Logan 2 weeks ago, but still not there yet. 😕

Dh & boys ganged up on me this evening,they a got their own way!! Boys will all have their own room, the guest/sewing room will no longer be, and I get my sewing stuff fully relegated to the laundry room. So be it!! I made dh promise that ONLY MY STUFF will be in that room, plus weekly clothing washing. He was mean about it, but agreed. Ds15 gets biggest room in basement with former-guest-room Queen bed, so if we get visitors they’ll use that room. Ds13 comes upstairs & ds10 gets former guestroom.

Tomorrow, we’ll start sorting, cleaning & rearranging. Wish me luck! My big boys think we’re going to get all of this done by noon Friday — it could happen, but I’m going to be EXHAUSTED!!
So sorry that you are losing your sewing room. I hope the laundry room suits the purpose.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am
gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 pm Hello all,

So sorry that you are losing your sewing room. I hope the laundry room suits the purpose.
Yes I was NOT very happy about it, but the boys all needed extra space... ds10 ended up with my sewing room, it suits him being the smallest bedroom in the house, and he's happy to *FINALLY* be in the basement! :D

The laundry room isn't really adequate, but I'll make it work. :lol: I did discover that I have A LOT of fabric (20-ish toes & boxes), and 10-ish toes of yarn, so I plan to go through all of it to see what can been weeded out.
I was telling my knitting group about it on Saturday, and they strongly suggested that I bring anything I don't want to our knitting retreat in August -- good idea. ;) I also plan to get sewing up some quilts for my children... really there's no reason not to do so. Plus, I found several partially-completed quilt tops that need finishing, and quilted. Also I want to make summer dresses for my girls, dd5 is growing quickly, and the dresses that have been given to us in her size just aren't long enough.