Daily check in June 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in June 13, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

(((Logics))), you are a MUCH better sibling than you have. I don't think you sister realizes it yet but she will. Good thoughts for you, hang in there and take care of you.

I slept like a brick last night, maybe the carb heavy chicken and noodles caused a food coma? :? It was just so good. Nephew and dad both ate well, made it worth all the work.

Today is general housework and some paperwork. Still very soggy and warm out this AM, have some weeds in the flowerbeds so will work on them also.

Pounded pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes,and sides to be determined for supper tonight.

Off to read and get my day started.
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The problem with dual postings (or postings at the same time) is that sometimes a person thinks that they have posted and backs out. Usually the system says "a new post has appeared do you wish to resubmit". If you don't notice that I can imagine that one would believe that their post disappeared.

So I need to get ready for the day. I will be doing the usual Wednesday chores, as well as working on tidying and organizing that sewing/craft room. I did get a big start on that yesterday and hope to finish it today.

I am also working on clearing out the fridge freezer and so today I will be doing some baking and making some chicken stock. Of course while some of the chicken stock will be used up for soup tonight, the remainder will be put in containers for use at another time. I should also get a few bits and pieces for Shania to have as treats in the evening. Turns out she really does not like pork roast very much.

Frugally speaking I will be making my grocery list for tomorrow. I really don't need very much so I will see if there is anything I need to add to the stock pile. I will also be reading cans, bottles and such to see where they are manufactured. I may just have to try a different TP, one that rarely if ever goes on sale.

I will be taking my regular frugal exercise of a walk this morning and then again two shorter ones in the afternoon and early evening (just before supper is started). The plants in front need to be watered so I will do that this morning as well. I can only hold about 1/2 to 3/4 of a large watering can full of rain water so sometimes this takes a bit of time.

Supper tonight will be soup and egg salad sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for another cool morning before the heat of the day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Overcast and 68 right now ... no, wait, the sun just came out.
Logics, I'm sorry ... (((hugs)).
Still prepping my berries for jam ... did I mention I dislike stemming mulberries, LOL! But it will be nice to have the jam.
Debating about washing one of the big afghans ... it needs to dry outside, meaning I need to keep a close eye on the weather. Still working away at my to-do lists ... slowly but surely ... course, things keep being added ...
Dinner out with some old friends tonight
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow Logics, sounds like your sister needs mental health help. Hope she gets it

Would you be able to just not have any contact with her for a month or so. Give yourself a break. They have survived long enough now and will continue to survive.

Good luck.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

another sunny morning.

Have a couple of gatherings I have to attend. Thank goodness I did most of my chores on Monday and Tuesday.

Slept okay. Did have to get up to take a throat lozenge. I think stuff just collects in my throat when I lay down. My sinuses are still draining. Sneezed a lot this morning.

Yuck.

The pets have been out already. Everyone is now inside and sleeping.

Have a great day
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 am Postings at the same time are what cause me to "lock up" and lose everything that I spent time writing. Wish there was a way to resolve that problem.

I have never felt more hurt than I do today.

To make it short, my last conversations with my sister boil down to (1) that my FL family is NONE of my business, (2) that a great-aunt is a nobody, (3) that her and her daughter's business is again NONE of my business not that I ever asked her about her business and the only thing I know about her finances is what SHE told me and she volunteered when she wanted my help to get her finances in order and (4) that her habit of calling me to complain about her daughter, her daughter's boyfriend and her husband is my fault.

I just wonder how she would have felt if I had told her that her debt over the last 30 some years was NONE of my business or MY responsibility or if I had taken my share of the small inheritance my mother left.

I am so hurt and so angry at the same time that I could spit tacks. I guess that when I lost my mom, that it left me without any family whatsoever. I keep a small notebook where I write periodically to God asking for his help. I wrote him this morning asking him to help me forgive her because she doesn't always think before she speaks and doesn't know what she says when she spews the words out, but I'm not so sure that I can this time.
Logics so sorry to hear about the family dynamics causing you pain and problems.. I feel sorry for what you are dealing with. Vent all you need to..No words of wisdom since we all have to deal with something and unless it is your problem you do not understand how they affect you.(( hug)) Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama