Daily check in June 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in June 13, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning and I use that term loosely.. developed a severe sinus headache last night.. Most likely due to sitting out on my deck last night.. Used a steroid spray and sill have a headache this morning. My back is killing me most likely from doing the 10 min yard work here and there and then sleeping too soundly on the couch. Sleeping is getting better. Also my kidney stone is on the move.. other than that I am doing ok...lol. It is he77 getting older so avoid it if you can....lol.

I made a southwest salad dressing yesterday using a recipe I found somewhere and then added extra spices and green onions.. It was really good. Also made ketogenic sausage gravy for breakfast for today and for several days to come. Just need to make almond flour biscuits.

Bought a jar of cherries from Dollar Tree.. They are so good. I am going to buy more and make cherry jam with them. The cherries are from Hungary.

I think we are going to have a decent day today with the temp in the high 80's so that will be a nice break..

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I discovered that by dividing up the time I take my evening meds is helping me sleep better. Next week when I count out my meds I will put them separately.

I have towels in the dryer. Only one wash load today.

Breakfast was oatmeal this morning.

I spent part of yesterday looking for my missing scissors. I found them they were under a piece of cardboard that didn’t look as if there was anything under it. Because the scissors were on top of a box of ice cream cones. It looked as if the card board was just on top of the ice cream cones box.

I still have not found my missing sunglasses. I know where the replacement pair is in the drawer where I try and keep my extra sunglasses. I also know it is the replacement pair because I kept the tag on this pair.

Not much else is new around here.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am Good morning all,

(((Logics))), you are a MUCH better sibling than you have. I don't think you sister realizes it yet but she will. Good thoughts for you, hang in there and take care of you.

JCKitty
Thanks, JC although I'm not sure she can see past herself. Your kind words are appreciated. You know it's strange, I feel more appreciation from those of you here and some of the new people I've me at the Senior Center than I ever got from my sister.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am Good morning ...

Logics, I'm sorry ... (((hugs)).

Thank you, I really needed those hugs this morning.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 am wow Logics, sounds like your sister needs mental health help. Hope she gets it

Would you be able to just not have any contact with her for a month or so. Give yourself a break. They have survived long enough now and will continue to survive.

Good luck.
Thank you for your good wishes. I do agree, my sister does need therapy and in fact I had even suggested it but in the area of stress management, but of course I was evil for even suggesting it. Her issue she claims is that her family won't leave her alone.

Well not sure when she might call again. I do know that I have to resist the urge to pick up the phone to call her or to not answer it if she calls. I have to avoid contact for however long it takes, because I really feel she owes me an apology and until she does I don't think I can deal with her.

I could have said just as equally hurtful words to her, but I'm better than that. I can't allow myself to turn into the hateful shrew she has become.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am
Logics so sorry to hear about the family dynamics causing you pain and problems.. I feel sorry for what you are dealing with. Vent all you need to..No words of wisdom since we all have to deal with something and unless it is your problem you do not understand how they affect you.(( hug)) Janet Alliesmama
Thanks for your kind words and support.