Desktop & laptop disposal? Recycling

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Desktop & laptop disposal? Recycling

Post by floridacatlover »

In my area it is the county that handles what they call electronics and chemical recycling. I usually go to the mobile events, held once a month or so at a local Home Depot or public school. The county puts out a recycle booklet in the newspaper once a year with a list of dates and places and also advertises these events. They have a good system.

For the “chemicals,” I believe someone who wants to use the donated stuff can go to the main facility (limited hours) and take partial cans of paint or yard chemicals free of charge.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

:o

What did you search for? I google'd & binged and... nada. Not local, anyway. Found lots in OKC.

I've been here over 26 years and had no idea that place existed. Going to scope out their location today for drop off this week. THANKS!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:01 pm
:o

What did you search for? I google'd & binged and... nada. Not local, anyway. Found lots in OKC.

I've been here over 26 years and had no idea that place existed. Going to scope out their location today for drop off this week. THANKS!
"tullsa Oklahoma computer disposal" was what I googled. I was hoping I got the right city.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

In my town, there is a once-per-month collection of electronics and small appliances at our local Habitat for Humanity office.

I kept forgetting the day for three months, and drove around with a microwave, printer, and antenna in my back seat that whole time, LOL
ohjodi
kat

Post by kat »

staples, best buy possibly office depot, place like that....
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I took my laptop to Best Buy for free recycling last week. DH removed the hard drive first. I don't know about desktop computers. Our county takes electronics including PCs and TVs, etc.