Baby Gifts

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Baby Gifts

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Books! I always give books. They are always greatly appreciated.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I think bibs, baby onesies (doesn't have to be just newborn size.. could try sizing up. Just think about what season the baby will be in), or you could just look at what baby registry items they have. I know I had items under $20 listed on there.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Totally agree with those saying books........... I'd get a nice board book that baby can handle from when they are 9 months or so and two others to be read.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

We're Going On A Bear Hunt

The Gruffalo

Appreciate these are British fav options ( yes I know Eric Carle isn't British but EVERY baby needs that book )
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I've given books of postage stamps for baby showers. (I am practical to a fault, lol). Everyone said they were great to have on hand for mailing baby announcements.

I included the stamps with a small picture frame, or book.

In the olden days I sometimes would give several rolls of film....great for babies. Or a couple of those disposable panoramic cameras for honeymoons. But now it's a useless suggestion, lol
ohjodi
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:51 pm
2dogs+someCats wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm Greetings Friends. So I have three coworkers who I have been quite close with for a few years, despite the fact they are younger than me. All three are having babies soon - one in August, one is September, one in October (true story, lol) - and stranger still, all three are having baby boys.

So...I need three baby presents - on the cheap. Suggestions please?? I am willing to spend as much as $20 per gift - I prefer to keep it at $10 or $15 - and still give something that will be useful/thoughtful, etc.

I am NOT handy enough to make anything that isn't decorative - and I don't want decorative - I want useful/practical.

Thank you friends.
This may strike some as 'cheap' but we don't care ;) because we love these so much that even though our kids are 16 and 13 we STILL HAVE THEM -

We buy every new set of parents we know board book copies of "Good Night Moon" and "Guess How Much I Love You." We get them from Amazon and I think they were, total, $15 bucks last time. Love love LOVE those books. Oh, yeah, the kids did too when they were small :D And when we find them, each time we find them, like now when we're moving, we find them and both kids are all over them.

Plus they're fun to wrap. I know, people these days use bags, but I wrap these separately and make a little stack of the card and the books with ribbon keeping the stack together and a bow on top. Wrapping is my thing.
Have Mercy - I just love, love, love and ADORE your fabulous suggestion - thank you so much Sandi!!!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:31 pm instead of something for the baby - how about something for the mom?

I'm sure they will get all kinds of clothing, diapers, bottles, supplies etc.

Something for the mom/parents would be different.
I like that idea Clem. I thought about finding out what some of mom & dad's favorite treats, etc. are and doing a gift basket sort of thing for them.