Daily Check in July 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 10, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

We had a lovely storm move through here last night. Thunder, lightening and a real down pour for a bit. Still very hot and now with the rain things will feel even hotter. Yes our winters are cold and while I am glad for the heat on one hand on the other I really do wish the nights would cool off a bit more.

Yesterday evening the guys cut down a few branches on our front tree and in doing so cut down a robins nest as well. Kind of late in the year for the eggs to still be there, but sure enough 3 tiny blue eggs were there. Youngest DS put the eggs back in the nest (not damaged) and placed the nest back in the tree. Hope Mama comes back.

Frugal happenings around here today are no spending, using up, wearing out, making do. As you can all see, much the same as most every day in this household. The only problem has been because it is so hot and I haven't wanted to turn on the oven my monthly menu has gone kind of bye bye. I am hoping to get back on it starting tonight by using some of the menus I had planned last week before the heat came. One great thing about having a well stocked freezer is that you can find something to throw on the BBQ almost every day!!

Once I finish my walk this morning I want to dehydrate some more herbs. I think today it will be thyme and oregano. Perhaps some basil if I have enough trays and the weather cooperates.

Oldest DS is heading to his friends place at some point today. He will spend a week there and then head home to get some work done around his yard. He needs to replace some of his fence and do some painting.

Youngest DS will be here for awhile yet as he just came yesterday. I know he wants to get some fishing in but will now have to wait for it to dry up a bit.

Supper today just may be that chicken I had planned for Sunday. Served with salads it should fill the three of us up and leave some for leftovers.

Today I am grateful for the rain we have been getting and the sunshine. Things are really growing in the garden.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am All have been rescued from the cave!!
Just watching this on the news.....:) What a relief for everyone involved.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am All have been rescued from the cave!!
Thanks for the update and Thank you Lord! I saw where some of the kids rescued earlier are in isolation for a week so their parents can only see them through glass.. Sad but still better than being underground and in danger. Two have blood infections and two have lung infections. Not sure if the more recent evacuees have any medical problems. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Been awake since 2:30 AM but had to stay in bed until 3:30 AM to get my four hours of my mandatory c-pap time in. Another hot day ahead but it is July in the Midwest.

Saw " Dennis the Menace" this morning but not the original one. This is a smaller squirrel than the other one. Chased him off of the deck.

Not much going on other than cooking and puttering in the house.. I did wash a load of towels and they are in the dryer . My aide will fold them. Also I folded several drying racks of things I washed yesterday.. I like to sort my laundry and treat stains myself since I know where they are...lol.

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning Maggie and all,

Great to be able to just go out for a pizza sometimes, right? Days like that I get so much other stuff done.

DS has a playdate today. Dinner tonight will be a chili mac. Found the recipe online. I think there'll be plenty of leftovers.
mbrudnic wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:12 am Good Morning folks,

I forced myself out for a walk after work in spite of the 92 deg F temps. I am glad I did. My brain needed it if nothing else.

This evening I hope to add borders to my quilt top. For dinner I am thinking about going to a local pizza chain. It is their anniversary week and they are offering a coupon for 50% off 2 pizzas. DS and I can get dinner and leftovers.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Kind of a quiet day for me. I did the load of laundry this morning that I planned to do yesterday. Then some paperwork and phone calls. My new phone arrived but I haven’t opened it yet. Tomorrow I’ll go to the Verizon store and ask them to help me set it up.

This afternoon I went to the fitness center again to use the treadmill. I think it will help me with stress. While I was there an older man came in with a walker, put it aside and walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes. I give him credit!

Now to read and watch TV a bit.

Have a good day.