Daily check in July 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in July 14, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 pm Hi Everyone,

A busy day today. Arrived at Mom and Dad's about 9:30 and started my laundry. I called and made an appointment to see an apartment at 11:15. I signed the lease. The price was right, it includes a Washer & dryer and a single car garage. It is 15 minute form Mom and Dad's, 30 Minutes from DS1's, 40 minutes from the office. Happy to have that checked off my list.

Then I was babysitting the Grandson's for several hours. So tomorrow is my own. I hope to go to the used book store and maybe do some sewing.

I can see Mom is feeling better. She is not 100%, but definitely better.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
Maggie glad to hear you found a nice place to move to that is closer to your family.. That will be really nice..Also glad that you do not have to drag you laundry to your parents house. I use to do that when my washing machine died. It was nice to see my parents but a real chore to have to haul things in and out of the house and to have to plan what day you needed to go there.

Good to hear your Mom is doing better. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have had a very lazy day and accomplished next to nothing. Seems like my body is trying to catch up on years of insomnia. Every time I sat down or stretched out to watch TV I would fall asleep. I was awakened about 4:00 PM by the rumbling of thunder which has cooled things off a little bit.

Teddi's Nana, in Texas, had her sister who lives in my area bring me some cash for his most recent needs.. I am glad since he has been a bit of a drain this last week with grooming, rabies shot, dog tags and flea medication. The cash does not cover everything but it is a big help. His mother will not give him up and at the same time she is not contributing to his care either.. I am keeping a log and if she wants him back she will need to come up with some if not all of the money I have spent on him.. As her Mother (Teddi's Nana) has told her that Teddi is in the best possible place he can be right now with me.. His Mama is on a ship in the Navy and there is no way she can have him with her and his Nana is in Texas. She said if Teddi was with her he would have to spend 11 hours a day in a cage and she does not like that idea..Neither do I that is why I suggested he come here for a visit.

Hope everyone had a good day .. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:52 pm I had a very productive shopping trip.

I saved about $20 with coupons, plus another $10 with on sale items. Bing cherries were $1.50 a pound.

I did buy a lot of paper products. Some of my coupons were for the paper products. Plus my store had some coupons for $2 coupon for any brand of T-Paper over $6. Another one for $2 off any brand of paper towels. Plus $3 off a basket of $30 or more.

These were all on top of any brand coupons I had.

Penny
Penny, you got some great deals and had great coupons for the paper products.

Bing cherries for $1.50/pound! Wow, that’s is a fantastic price. Even Aldi charges $2.99.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Busy day here too. I met some friends for a luncheon at 11:30 at Red Lobster. I had a salad, shrimp scampi and rice pilaf with their cheddar biscuits, which are always the highlight of my visit. I could honestly make a meal on the biscuits alone. We had a very nice visit and I didn't get home until 3:00.

After I left the restaurant I went by Home Depot to pick up some more white spray paint and then I dropped by a Rite Aid which is closing the first of August. I didn't see a thing in there that I couldn't live without and I promise you the prices they had on some of the items that I looked at are the same as they are regularly priced at Dollar General. Rite Aid is claiming theirs is 50% off, but since they have sales tickets on everything I will bet that they aren't reduced by 50%. If so, I am glad I never shopped there. Walgreens bought out Rite Aid and they are closing lots of stores. My understanding is the ones they are keeping open they will convert into Walgreens. Rite Aid will keep 2600 stores that will be pharmacies only. I know Walgreens is #2, wonder if this purchase will make them #1.

I went grocery shopping when I left there and after putting everything away I am pooped. I wanted to see if I could finish my patio furniture tonight, but am to tired to even attempt it. I am not hungry so will probably have a glass of lemonade and a blueberry muffin for my snack and call it good.

I am going to get into bed early, study my Sunday School lesson and call it a day.

Maggie, so happy that you found you a new place. You will think you have died and gone to heaven to have a washer/dryer again. I haven't been to a laundromat in years, but I remember what it was like. It was good you could go to your Mom's, but this will be much nicer.

Janet, when I got into my car it said the outside temperature was 99º. Has to be one of the hottest days of the year for here. We will probably have a storm tonight.

Penny glad your shopping trip went well and it's always nice to save some extra money.

I hope everyone has a great evening and enjoy your Sunday.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

congratulations on the new place Maggie.!!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Thanks eeryon,
Over lunch Mom said, Now that you won't have to do laundry at our house, I still expect you to come over. I would hate to miss out on your visits. LOL!