Daily check in July 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in July 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. To get us started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in July 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

It seems to be hot everywhere right now. Here in Florida, that is to be expected. I did a bit of research into some of the things the ac tech said about the old ac and looks like he was right. :( We will be facing a new system and all it costs due to the new environmental coolant. In hind sight, I wonder if we should have bought a new one back then 4 years ago rather than just replacing the inside unit. Well, I can only hope that it will last the season. The tech was shocked that we keep it at 83F. He keeps his at 72F. But I did learn that there are a couple of new options in ac that are well suited to us. But I just hope that we don't deal with that this year. The energy audit is August 2 and the windows are due in on August 15th. Install will probably be near Sept 1. With the promised coupon in hand, insulation in the attic by October.

I stayed inside swept the floors, washed dishes and cleaned up clutter. It was too hot to work outside even on the porch. I did decide to go to Winn-Dixie and buy a coffee pot that they had on sale. Hubs said the price was better than online. I wanted a backup coffee pot because ours is old and I am getting the feeling it may die.

Today, I hope to paint the door early and hope it is dry before it gets too hot. I will use the sliding door screen to keep the bugs out while the door remains open. Well that is the plan. I am not walking this morning. My time is better spent painting.

Today, I will head down to the dollar tree and get a mesh laundry bag for washing my cloth toilet paper. I have other things to pick up there as well. Then this afternoon, I will retreat into the house and do more decluttering.

Today, I am grateful that I am healthy. Have a good day everyone. Stay cool.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I am up and ready to head to Mass in about 20 minutes. Another hot and humid day here in SW Ohio, with storms later. I want to go to the book store, start packing for my houseboat trip, maybe go look at life vests.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It has cooled off somewhat here due to a storm yesterday afternoon. We had a heat index of 107 F prior to the storm. Right now it is overcast but not sure if we are expecting more rain. Poor Teddi slept under the couch last night..

Not much going on today other than cooking. I want to do some cooking ahead. I get so tired of having to cook and then do the clean up. I want to cook enough ahead that I just need to reheat things.

Have a good Sunday and stay cool. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Took me awhile to get to a place where I felt I could post, man were we inundated again.

Tomorrow morning I have PT and so will probably post when I get back. I have a feeling now that we have been discovered once again I will be spending the little
time I have before heading to my appointment cleaning things up.

Cooler this morning, which means the church will be cooler. I got a phone call yesterday afternoon asking if I would read today. They sure didn't give me much practice time, but as it is for one of my favorite people who has been battling her second bout with cancer I will do it.

After Mass I will come home and start up the dehydrator. I need to get more of the herbs done before the garden comes in. I think today will be basil and thyme with perhaps some oregano thrown in if there is any extra trays.

I will make my weekly to do list, go over the weekly menu, and see if there are any cuts to the budget that can be made next month. I often wonder if there is something else we could be doing to reduce expenses and then I find myself saying I won't turn the heat down in the winter (it's too cold and I am too old) and we need our air conditioning in the summer (way to hot here not to have it), so that just leaves a few things. I am contemplating losing the landline but I need to do lots of research on that as of yet. I just am not sure if I want to go totally without. That is the number that my youngest brother uses to phone me once a week.

The usual frugal habits will be carried on. I may even start a loaf of bread once I am home from Mass.

Supper this evening is supposed to be a roast meal and depending on the temperature in the house I will probably go with that. Making a roast leaves me leftovers to work with during the week, which is always a great thing.

Today I am grateful for the cooler weather this morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes - some weird posts showing up - thanks for getting rid of them

Anyway - another bright sunny day!

Not sure what I will do today. Maybe pull out the dead tomato plants? I've tried to salvage them, but no. Not looking good at all

Other than that the grass is really green due to the rains.

I've had my coffee and just reading online now.

Hope all have a great day