Daily check in July 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in July 15, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 am yes - some weird posts showing up - thanks for getting rid of them

Anyway - another bright sunny day!

Not sure what I will do today. Maybe pull out the dead tomato plants? I've tried to salvage them, but no. Not looking good at all

Other than that the grass is really green due to the rains.

I've had my coffee and just reading online now.

Hope all have a great day
Funny Clem~ my tomatoes are just coming in.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm hoping to get some free volunteer tomato plants.

My yellow grape tomato plant sprouted from seeds that were dropped from last year. That one is still producing a little.

They are so tasty and pretty!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - ICFrugal - a thousand dollars for tires!

I had mine replaced last year for about 700.

As for the other stuff - he needs counseling. I know from some things you have mentioned, he had a rough life. No excuse, but some people just can't adjust to society without help. Hope it works out for you.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good afternoon everyone! Weather in buffalo has been beautiful. we got some much needed rain yesterday. I have a ton of projects around the home but being really lazy. I was thinking of staining an old trunk and applying pennies to the top surface. got the stain, the pennies and just procrastinating. got a few things outside done and enjoying the farmers market csa. we both lost some weight eating all that organic fresh greens and veggies. I don't know if this was frugal but we both like supporting a local young farmer and his family. hope all is well with everyone. cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

blondeinbuffalo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:45 pm Good afternoon everyone! Weather in buffalo has been beautiful. we got some much needed rain yesterday. I have a ton of projects around the home but being really lazy. I was thinking of staining an old trunk and applying pennies to the top surface. got the stain, the pennies and just procrastinating. got a few things outside done and enjoying the farmers market csa. we both lost some weight eating all that organic fresh greens and veggies. I don't know if this was frugal but we both like supporting a local young farmer and his family. hope all is well with everyone. cj
Nice to see a post from you. Good job on the weight loss.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 am
icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am GGGRRRRRRRR warning VENT :?

So the named calling has resumed :roll: DH was talking about his new car and that it will need new tires $1,000 or so ( :roll: ), but not soon, and as little as he uses the car who knows when.

I go to Wheelworks for my tires, but that is not good enough for him, so I just told him that as little as it's going to happen, for him to do what he wants.

I have no idea how this turned into name calling but it did ???? :?

I was calm and just told him that he could pack his bags and leave at anytime. :| I don't think that he is gong to take me up on my offer. :lol:

I think that maybe it's tied up to my party in 4 weeks, he hates having people in the house, in years past when I would have parties, he would just not be here, even when I had a party for his sister and his family was here, that morning he picked a fight and left !! It hurt so bad :(

Oh well,

Thank you again for listening, it really does make a world of difference.

IC
You've taught him you'll tolerate it. So now, teach him you won't. The first name called, the first point at which his voice is raised, grab your keys and GO. Go see a movie at a mall, then walk around the mall. Go home around dinner, cook for yourself, eat and then retire to a room he can't reach. Do this every. single. time. and he'll learn that his poor manners lead to being alone. At that point he'll have to choose - is it worth being an ashhat for 1/2 a second of calling her a name followed by 4-6 (or more) hours of being totally alone?

Seriously, AFTER that solo dinner? If he starts up again... keep your keys on you at all times. Just go, again. Have coffee out, see another movie... whatever. Just don't let him cause you any stress.

I'd have the party elsewhere, like the hired room at a museum my Mom is having her French club's Bastille Day celebration today, and leave him home alone. Life is waaay to short to allow yourself to be treated poorly.
LOL good ideas if it would work, he doesn't talk to me any way, here or not :mrgreen:

I didn't NOT react to his name calling, other then to tell him that if he was unhappy then he needed to figure out how to make himself happy, if leaving me was it then he should go.

He has been having me help with his testing since Dec 2018 when he got out of the hosp for his congestive heart failure. I think that putting the strip in the meter and holding it is too hard for him~~~~~~~~ :|

The point of the party is that it's a pool party, so it will be held here, and of course I'm doing all of the cleaning etc.

I don't cook for him because he refuses to eat anything that I cook, or bake, I've had to get over that hurt years ago. :?

But thank you ! I feel like I'm living alone.

IC