Daily check in July 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in July 18, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Just an FYI....
I have used personal/family cloth for years, I think I talked about here on the forum before.
I have a variety of types of the cloths because I buy or have different types of material to cut up and try.
I sewed 2 pieces together of the thinner type fabric...easy way to run out a bobbin when you need to change colors.

I agree , it isn't for everyone, some people cannot get over the squeamish factor.
I have a septic system also and 1 ply tissue is worthless to me but I always keep some on the tissue holder for guests. No one even knows about the family cloth except for my kids.
The very cheap, thin face cloths sold at the dollar store work very well. I dust the container the used ones are in with maybe a teaspoon of baking soda and there is never any odor.

I do not buy any "one use" products except the toilet tissue for guests. It is a personal, environmental choice for me and I am always looking for ways to cut down on containers and such.
JCKitty
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Have any of you considered having a bidet installed? My MIL had one many years ago because she had arthritis and it was hard for her to get the job done. I guess it would take some getting used to.

If was still premenopausal I might consider cloth sanitary pads too. I know that has been discussed here in the past. I am so very thankful that is no longer a need for me. I hated those visits from Aunty Flo.

Been doing bits of deep cleaning today> I cannot believe the amount of dust and dirt here. It will be nice to find ways to minimize the problem.

Bev
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm Just an FYI....
I have used personal/family cloth for years, I think I talked about here on the forum before.
I have a variety of types of the cloths because I buy or have different types of material to cut up and try.
I sewed 2 pieces together of the thinner type fabric...easy way to run out a bobbin when you need to change colors.

I agree , it isn't for everyone, some people cannot get over the squeamish factor.
I have a septic system also and 1 ply tissue is worthless to me but I always keep some on the tissue holder for guests. No one even knows about the family cloth except for my kids.
The very cheap, thin face cloths sold at the dollar store work very well. I dust the container the used ones are in with maybe a teaspoon of baking soda and there is never any odor.

I do not buy any "one use" products except the toilet tissue for guests. It is a personal, environmental choice for me and I am always looking for ways to cut down on containers and such.
JCKitty
JCKitty, I knew that someone had discussed this on the forum before and I couldn't remember who. It was probably you and that makes me even happier that I decided to try them.

It is a personal choice for anyone that decides to go this way and thank you for the soda tip. I have a very very sensitive nose and I would know instantly if there were any smell. I know this is to much information, but I know when I am not drinking enough water for my urine will have a slight smell. When this happens I drink a few extra glasses of water and pronto the problem is solved. Sorry everyone, I know hygiene subjects are a little sensitive sometimes, but we learn sometimes from them being talked about.

In reference to the bidet,I bet they are quite expensive to put into an already existing bathroom and for less than $20.00 this solves my problem with the septic tank. I will not share with anyone what I am doing, there will always be toilet paper in my bathrooms and I will remove any evidence of using the cloth wipes if guest or company is coming. As a matter of fact if anyone doesn't read these posts they want know it ever for I want continue discussing it unless one of you ask me a question.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I just checked the price on a handlheld spray thing that attaches to your toilet water line - about 35 dollars.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

But heck, if I move and build a new smallish house - it will have a bidet!!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 pm I just checked the price on a handlheld spray thing that attaches to your toilet water line - about 35 dollars.
Had no idea they would be that cheap, I may have to have me one then. Of course, my problem would be finding a plumber that wouldn't charge $200-$300 to put it in if I couldn't do it myself. :lol: