Daily Check in July 26, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 26, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I actually made it out of bed with plenty of time to spare this morning, I am still dragging. Not motivated to do much besides work. I did hang out on a conference call until 9 PM Tuesday evening. I am still waiting to hear if my application at the new apartment has been approved.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in July 26, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all,

No walk today because my walking buddy has an early doctor appointment. I planned today to get my lab work done as well. But I can't leave here for an hour.

I got the work room peg board up and populated with tools. Some of them are looking a bit rough. I am considering sanding and painting them and will check out what is available on the oops paint table at Home Depot on my way to the lab. Pick up the normal fresh foods at Walmart market on the way home. Maximize the trip. I checked with the vet and I will likely be able to get in right away with a tech for kitty nail trimming. So we will see if she is around when I get home from the lab. Could be a productive day.

Yesterday, I was pretty lazy. Did some organizing and a bit of weed pulling, but not much more. It rained a lot. Talked to old dance partner as I do daily and asked if he wanted to meet me in New Orleans in a couple of months to dance there and then we fly back to Houston and we dance there as well. He needs to get away from his problems. He is sounding a bit depressed.

I got another HD $5 off garden coupon. I didn't use the last one because there wasn't anything I wanted. Probably won't use this one either. Most of what I want is not in the garden section.

Chicken breasts are finally on sale, so I will plan on a trip to save a lot to get some. Winn Dixie has a good weekend deal on roast as well. Glad I have the freezer. I have been thinking about transferring some condiments to smaller containers for hubs to use. I am keeping my eye out for a good deal.

Normal frugal here. House is set at 83F and thanks to cloudy weather, very little ac. Fans are wonderful. Used dish and hand washing water to the flower tub. Plants love it. Egg shells crushed and in the garden. Fat off of ground beef burgers saved and used for eggs the next day. Used coffee grounds to the garden. Vegetable scraps to the worm tower. Frugal feels good.

Today, I am grateful that hubs is still alive and pretty healthy. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and cool.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up a bit earlier this morning, mainly because I have so much to do and only a few days to get it done.

I had mentioned to Harvey that perhaps he should ask his brother to this football game and of course he hasn't.... Means instead of wasting the money already spent on the ticket, I will be heading to a football game on Saturday. I really was hoping to stay home and get more processed in the garden, but I guess not.

I chopped up all the veggies last night for the relish I plan on making this morning (at some point) with my handy dandy food processor. Boy that appliance gets a work out this time of year. It has sat sprinkled with the coarse salt overnight and I will be draining it when I get back from my morning walk, sterilizing jars and cooking down the relish.

I also have a package of on sale blueberries that I bought left. I froze one package, but this one I plan on dehydrating. So I need to set up the dehydrator and get that going before my walk (fruit seems to take a bit longer to dry than my herbs).

Of course I have my regular to do list, but that has been shortened a bit by me shopping, banking, and paying bills yesterday. I wanted to be home today to get things done.

If the weather permits I plan on picking beans to go with our supper today, and perhaps if there are extra freezing them. I have decided that this is going to be the year I keep up with those beans, other years they have gotten away from me and I have spent hours snipping and freezing.

Time permitting I may even manage to pick a few cherries, well enough for a batch or two of pie filling at any rate. That will probably be accomplished after supper. if not I will get it done first thing tomorrow morning.

Busy day so there will be no spending here. I don't even know if I will make it into the sewing room today. It may be that I just curl up on the chair when I get a bit of spare time and read or knit on the next prayer shawl. Should be a nice frugal day as I will be following my usual frugal habits.

I would like to do some extra cleaning as well. There is a smaller chore in that department that I could get done fairly quickly.

Hubby has pretty much finished the stairs into the basement. A couple of coats of varathane on the handrail and up it goes. Then he can clean up his mess down there and I can sweep and mop. Got to love that Hubby can do all these things, got to hate the mess that he seems to accumulate behind him.

Supper tonight will be some fresh green beans and what is left of the casserole from a couple of nights ago. Got to keep the fridge nicely cleared out.

Today I am grateful for quiet mornings to gather myself in preparation for the coming day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all,
It finally stopped raining! I can get the weeding done today, and laundry.
I also need to grocery shop at some point.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie, I love fresh green beans :D Unfortunately it is a veggie dad will no longer eat. I make them any way and serve something else to him. I feel like a short order cook... LOL

Tonight I am making breakfast for supper, sausage, eggs and French toast. We have had fresh corn on the cob for 2 nights and need to lay off of it for a day or two.

Bathed and flea treated the dogs yesterday, the chimney cleaners were here so that took up a large portion of my morning.

I have been cleaning/purging closets, I finally bit the bullet and got rid of a lot of stuff that I was hanging on to for "just in case". It makes me feel better to have it done.
I need to work on my patio...I have stuff out for planting house plants and it needs put away.
Not mowing again for at least another week, yard is growing unevenly and needs to catch up in places.

Have my appointment made for preliminary exam to get my cataract removed, not worried, sounds pretty straightforward.
Off to get started, again.
Have a good day all,
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I kept waking up a lot last night. I am tired this morning.

Yesterday I vacuumed the carpet in my apartment. I need to tackle some of the dishes esp. using vinegar to get lime deposits off some of the pieces.

My dress to wear to my granddaughter’s wedding came in yesterdays mail. I like it, I will need help zipping it, unfortunately the type of zipper doesn’t lend itself to one of those helper things. At the hotel my daughter will be able to zip it up for me.

Penny