Daily Check in Aug 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 16, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I am surveying the mess still in my living room. I need to go finish cleaning out DS's room. I thought I was clear with him what I expected him to leave the place like, but he had in his mind that he will be back once before I move. He did not think that I woudl want to use the area for staging boxes and such. He also decided last minute not to take his snare drum and left it in the LR. Then there is the stuff I have been storing int eh back of my car, 2 electric roaster I need to return, my lawn chair, DGS's car seat, my reusable grocery bags...

Ah well, plenty to keep my busy. Now I need to find the motivation after work.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all,

The week is flying by. Today, I have a mammogram and the sale day at Save a lot. That will take up my afternoon. The morning will likely be working on the new flower bed in front. I did another 8 ft and today I hope to do another section and mulch it all. I am doing it as a single long bed in order to make it easier for the irrigation line. I use cardboard under it as a weed barrier. It works long enough to kill the grass before it deteriorates. I have been saving the cardboard for a break in the rain and hubs is so glad to see it gone from the living room. Well at least going. I also have the bed in back outlined, but I am not happy with its shape.

A neighbor stopped by and asked if I wanted a brand new set of jars for canning. I said yes. So I got a bunch of jars, but they are all jelly size. Well this will be interesting.

Hubs brother and wife will be having their 50th weeding anniversary next year by going on a cruise and everyone is invited (with unlimited booze). Hubs said he was interested. I said it would be too much for him. He would have to fly from Florida to Seattle and then go through the waiting in line and boarding the cruise. And then getting to the cabin. That is a lot more than a mile of walking and not on his terms. Now when he is tired, he can rest which he does most of the day. A neighbor who is also 70, walks 3x the distance every day at a fast pace and then mows the grass, works on projects etc etc. He would be able to go on a cruise. My sil blames me for saying no. Hubs is doing great for a man with post polio(like MS), but not compared to a healthy 70 yo.

Today, I am grateful for coffee. A cup of coffee is comfort food for me. Have a good day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... near 70 right now with more rain expected.

No real clue why I'm up so early ... DH had to get up for an early shift this morning (which awakens the cats) but I usually can get back to sleep.
So, had my coffee and jotted down notes/lists of things I need to do (though not all at once, thankfully ... this looks overwhelming enough as it is, LOL)
Meeting with the financial guy was good ... gave me a couple of ideas on how to proceed with some things.
Today ... have some paid work. Need to hit the grocery and $ for a few things.

Jackie ... look up recipes for cucumber stir fry ...

DG, your SIL sounds clueless.

Libby, welcome back! Sounds like a lovely time ...
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep LWolfT, they are clueless. I am in the "doghouse", but I am doing the right thing for my husband. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be stuck on a ship with them for a week. No ship would be big enough for that!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Going to be another hot and humid day with rain later on this evening. Will be going shopping with my aide this morning before it gets too hot. Just going to cherry pick some grocery items and buy a birthday card for my great nephew.. He turns 13 this year.. Where have the years gone?

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:29 am Good morning ... near 70 right now with more rain expected.

No real clue why I'm up so early ... DH had to get up for an early shift this morning (which awakens the cats) but I usually can get back to sleep.
So, had my coffee and jotted down notes/lists of things I need to do (though not all at once, thankfully ... this looks overwhelming enough as it is, LOL)
Meeting with the financial guy was good ... gave me a couple of ideas on how to proceed with some things.
Today ... have some paid work. Need to hit the grocery and $ for a few things.

Jackie ... look up recipes for cucumber stir fry ...

DG, your SIL sounds clueless.

Libby, welcome back! Sounds like a lovely time ...
Will do that LWolfT. Thanks, for some reason hot cucumber soup does not appeal to me and cold soups never have.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/