Daily check in August 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in August 18, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Just to get us started this morning.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in August 18, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

I wrote a post and it disappeared when I tried to submit it. :( No time to redo it.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Cloudy and 70 here .... think we may be over the rain for a bit.

Tried the cucumber stir fry last night ... not bad! Goes well with fresh ginger.

Nothing major on tap today. Have some work and need to wrap and mail an eBay package. (one more thing out of the house!) Plus a few chores ...
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We had a fierce thunderstorm go through here last night. Very little rain however when we could use a really nice long rain. I have been doing a bit of reading and some are saying that we should be ready for more heat and less rain for the next 4 years. If this means we are in for a period of drought it is bad.

Today will once again be mostly working in and around the house. I need to get a few things completed before I even think of going to the football game. It seems that at this time of year there just is not enough hours in the day to get the garden in and process everything. Hubby says today is an outside day. He plans on doing yard work, making a trip to the dump (or at least loading everything into the back of his truck) and perhaps watering and fertilizing everything.

I am planning on putting out the dehydrator again, this time to dry lavender. Once the leaves and such are dry I will store them in an airtight bag until I get the sachets ready to fill. I hope to make quite a few of these to put in my drawers this year. If they turn out I will definitely make sure I buy more lavender next year to use for this purpose.

I also plan on finishing my small Christmas decoration today. I have 12 completed little hats and plan on getting the next 12 done today.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day (tomorrow won't be as the temperature is supposed to fall we will be attending the football game). I will be cooking from the pantry (my shopping yesterday contained no meat, and even though I said tuna sandwiches for supper yesterday there was no tuna to be had...mistake made), decluttering my closet, seeing what can be upcycled or donated, or made into rags, baking bread, and watching old series on the TV with the box. Really just a normal boring day around this house.

Supper tonight will be Chicken Breasts done on the BBQ, tinfoil potatoes, carrots, onions and of course the never ending raw veggies and dip.

Today I am grateful that even with his enlarged heart Hubby can still work in the yard, house and is able to travel. All thanks to modern medicine.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another warm sunny day

My plan is to mop floors and clean the fridge.

Hope it gets done!

Have a good one.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Waiting for 8 am so that I can eat my breakfast, and then I'm going to Costco for gas, and then Walmart for a few things.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a FB friend for lunch and I will be driving for a bit.

Not to brag but ~~~~~~~~~~~ this morning Goldie went striert to the place in the yard and went potty!!! I know that it won't be everyday, but YEAH!! and her potty pad was dry this morning. (she sleeps in an encloser.) Great, she just took off with my shoe LOL :roll:

We are learning to put things up.

IC