Little things to be frugal

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Little things to be frugal

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:43 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:26 am have the pedicure only when your feet will be exposed - summer!
Clem, I have never had a pedi in a salon and I don't think I could stand not to have all the dead skin off my feet only in summer. I don't paint the toes every week, but I do soak them in my foot massager weekly with essential oils for combating any type of fungus. The best thing in the world for soft feet is putting vaseline on them and then putting on socks overnight. I usually only polish and cut the nails once a month and they stay looking nice.
I never had dry skin on my feet when i wore combat boots and thick socks in the military. Didn't start until i started wearing civilian type shoes. More open to the elements i guess you cold say. And i am the type of person that will slather on lotion on my arms hands etc all day long. I always carry a small bottle with me.

So i started wearing more closed shoes during the summer. I have colorful sneakers that i wear during the day when i am at home. Use socks of course. I never go barefoot. I wear sandals if i am going out. Wearing socks most of the day keeps my feet nice and soft.
mainer

Re: Little things to be frugal

Post by mainer »

I use orange skin to make a tangy side dish. It involves a lot of spices, and it works best if you like bitter-tasting food. I use the side dish with sandwiches, brown rice, and as a sauce to accompany a big serving of boiled veggies.