Daily Check in Sept 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 12, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

I would do it daily until you feel better.

I remember the first time I used it - wow - felt like a new person. I had been ill with chills and fever.

So I try to keep the powder version on hand. Much less expensive.

I also will buy the generic version they sell at the dollar stores.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm
jckitty wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 pm Clem,
I got some Pedialite … now when do I drink it and how much do I drink? If I can get it down LOL
Do I do it daily?
Thanks, JCKitty
At least half the bottle.

I just bought the powdered version. One little tube works for a regular sized bottle of water. I've been having to go up in the attic to tend to our touchy AC and i sweat a lot up there. This helps keep me level.
Does the powdered version taste the same and give you the same results? I've never seen powder here, I'll have to ask the gatekeepers at WalMart if they have it (they lock it up here, and even meet you at the checkout with it :roll: ). It'd be handy to have powder.

I've been burned on generic. Didn't taste bad, but didn't kill the headache.
Doesn't taste as strong, but produces same results.

The Pedialyte at wal-mart in our area is kept with the baby items. The powder comes in a box with 8 tubes. About 8.50. On the bottom shelf. They sell it on Amazon also.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

sad news

My friend's father passed away yesterday. But she didn't find out until today.

There is some kind of feud going on and the siblings are split between mom and dad.

From what she said, younger siblings won't even let them view his body before cremation.

I've known them all my life. I just can't think what would have caused this.

Please send good thoughts out to them. Thanks
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm sad news

There is some kind of feud going on and the siblings are split between mom and dad.

From what she said, younger siblings won't even let them view his body before cremation.

What a sad situation. I hope that your friend’s family can come together to mourn and remember their father.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I just found out that a friend has been hospitalized in Portugal after her flight from Seattle due to a blood clot. Scary. She is only 50 and not diabetic. Sounds like she is going to miss most of her trip and will remain hospitalized.

I purchased compression socks for my trip but in the end did not wear them. Thought I’d be uncomfortable. I wore regular socks. (Some people even were wearing sandals.) So this incident with my friend will make me think twice about wearing the compression socks in the future. Of course my friend’s flight from Seattle to Lisbon was pretty long but I’m still shocked this happened to her.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm sad news

Sure makes you wonder what people feel like is important in their lives? Sometimes I wish that people would stop for a minute and step into the other persons shoes before they make a decision. How would these younger kids feel if this was happening to them? I know we don't know the whole story of what caused this in the first place, but what in the world happened to forgiveness.