Any tips for swalllowing large pills?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Any tips for swalllowing large pills?

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I would also try to return them. For the life of me I can not understand why they make vitamins too big to swallow! I have had the same problem, and I don't usually have that problem....they are just TOO BIG.
Why not make them smaller and just take two?
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

I take about 23 pills a day. lots of big ones and some tiny little ones (those get caught between my teeth). I put 4 or 5 pills under my tongue and immediately take a big swig of water. It carries the pills to my throat. I always have something to eat, cookie, cracker, piece of bread etc, to push them down my throat. One bite will do it.
BeckyO
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

How big are the usual bites of food you eat?

Are the pills bigger?

If not, just train your mind to see them as food. If you can swallow a bigger piece of say apple or carrot, you can train yourself to swallow this too.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:22 pm How big are the usual bites of food you eat?

Are the pills bigger?

If not, just train your mind to see them as food. If you can swallow a bigger piece of say apple or carrot, you can train yourself to swallow this too.
Mind over matter kind of thing, huh?
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Personally, I just wouldn’t take them. I have gotten pills hung before and won’t take the chance again unless it is vital for me.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 pm Personally, I just wouldn’t take them. I have gotten pills hung before and won’t take the chance again unless it is vital for me.
I haven't been taking them. I am going to try to return them or at least exchange them for some different vitamins. We'll see....