Daily Check in Sept 2, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 2, 2015

Post by mbrudnic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 am

Good Morning folks,

Awake early with an aching back. At least it was only 1 hour early.

It was a quiet night since we did not have DGS over. DS was notified that he was selected for the Youth Wind Ensemble he auditioned for on Sunday. He was pretty excited.

Today DS has early dismissal as this evening is "Meet the teacher" night. So that's where I will be. I think dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Last edited by mbrudnic on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackie26us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 9, 2015

Post by jackie26us » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:50 am

Good Morning,

Maggie hope your back feels better.

I'm hoping that is suppose to be Sept 2 and not the 9th. If it is I missed a week somewhere lol.

Busy day at work yesterday. I came in to not being allowed in the office because a girl I worked with couldn't breathe and was having chest pain so they rushed her to the ER. Guess she was cleared and will be back today. I think it was stress. It was nice because my boss' first thought was is she ok and went to the ER to see her not just thinking OMG we're so far behind in work.

Back to the grindstone today. Working 8--6:30 daily plus weekends. Glad it's a 3 day weekend which means we can get a lot of work done. In the end I'll be bringing home about double my normal paycheck. It's going to look like a tax return check.

AnneX

Post by AnneX » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:28 am

Good Morning:

Maggie, your younger DS must have a real gift for making music, as well as being an athlete. I expect that makes all the running around you do to get him to and from places seem worthwhile. hope your back recovers.

Jackie26. I'm sure the extra money you are making will be welcome. Do remember to breathe and give yourself plenty of little stretch breaks.

it's pleasant on the balcony this morning but supposed to get hot later. i'm hoping it remains overcast cause blazing sun on city streets isn't pleasant.

yesterday i went to a foot clinic. Chiropodist said my arches are very high and I should have started wearing orthotics long ago. he fitted me with a pair of off-the-shelf ones. If they help that will be great, otherwise I will go back to get custom-made ones (my private insurance would pay for a portion). Since the foot clinic is connected to a hospital, government health insurance paid for the assessment.

My sister emailed that we have to get some papers signed and notarized for my mother's estate. i have a lot going on in the next couple of weeks and it isn't a good time but we'll get it done somehow. I will email her back when I finish this.

I think I'll take my bed quilt and shams down to the laundry room and get them washed this morning. Then i'll go to to the farmer's market at city hall. i'd prefer to go to the organic farmer's market in this neighbourhood but it doesn't start till 3 and it will probably be too hot or raining by then.

i'll go to yoga later this morning. Going to ask my quilt friend if she wants to go and try it out. In any case I'll probably go for coffee with her this afternoon.

Now off to get the laundry started and then email my sister, and then some housework.

Take care,
AnneX

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am

Are we checking in for the ninth already? Lol

Grandpa due in today. I have some more cleaning to get done this morning before he gets here. It's never ending when you live in the country lol. Dusting and floors always need attention.

Last few tomatoes yesterday. This weekend I will pull plants out. I didn't plant fall tomatoes this year. The bell peppers, jalapeños and poblano a are still producing like crazy and the eggplant have a few more coming on. Chickens are not laying well. They tend to stop laying when there are big weather changes and its been particularly hot this week.

I'm thinking pork roast for dinner. DS has a pep rally tonight and will eat there as they feed the players. I'd prefer he skip it since grandpa is going to be here but coach is making it a mandatory deal. Worst things to be doing I'm certain.

Better get busy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 am

Good morning fellow frugals

Yes indeed it is the 2nd of September and the days are flying by not just as quick as some would like it seems.

The mornings are still quite cool here but as the day progresses we get very warm. Today's high will be in the mid 30 C range. Believe me while warm days can be the norm here, hot days are not!!

I don't think Hubby will be going fishing today, unless he manages to get up and out the door shortly while it is still cool.

Not quite as busy a day here today, I managed to get a bit extra done yesterday so I could have today for baking and putting up garden produce. I think I have almost reached my limit for frozen tomatoes (this batch today should give us more than enough for the winter) and am looking at recipes for chili sauce and salsa. A few pints of each would be enough to last the two of us all winter.

Cabbage bread is being made today. I hope to make up at least 50 of them. Enough for us and some for youngest DS.

I will also be baking a loaf of bread. Got to get that going pretty quick this morning (probably before I head out the door for my walk).

Working on my various projects will take up the rest of my time. I am looking forward to using things up and getting items listed on a Craft Site here in my city for sale. Hope to make a bit of extra cash this winter as I don't think I will be getting much in the way of subbing this year. I could be wrong, but I have a funny feeling.

Supper tonight will of course be cabbage bread.

Today I am grateful that I only tossed and turned in the middle of the night for a short while before dropping off again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 am

Hi all. I slept well, tired from being at the garden yesterday. Watered and picked a more beans, tomatoes, peppers, 2 small eggplant.

Driveway re-seal is being done this morning. (unkind adjective) neighbor let his sprinklers come on at 7 am and the upper drive got wet. :x I don't know if this will cause the goo not to stick to pavement. If so, I am going to ensure it's the neighbor's problem to correct, not DH (who has already spent way too much effort on this project.)

Tonight I have cooking & baking tasks to use up vegs - spoonbread for squash puree, zucchini bread. DH will be late again, I have leftover chili. Should have time for sewing also.

Looking forward to the weekend! Weatherman says humidity should be lower by Saturday.