I Need to Buy a Bed

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: I Need to Buy a Bed

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm Good for you, Sheila! You deserve a lovely, comfy bed.
Well thank you Mackie. Like littlemiss, I want my bedroom to be a haven - a comfortable and lovely retreat and right now it is the opposite - so I am out to change that.
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Glad you are taking care of yourself, you have taken care of other people and animals long enough. Not sying don't take care of them but … you get the oxygen mask first.

Mamma loved her Seally Posterpedic, my sis and I, both, had backaches after a night on it. I loved my pillow top. Now, I have a Memory Foam, no valleys, except when I need to turn over, then I have to fight my way out of the indention my body made, that disappears as soon as I move, but I feel great when I wake up.
BeckyO
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

BeckyO wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 pm Glad you are taking care of yourself, you have taken care of other people and animals long enough. Not sying don't take care of them but … you get the oxygen mask first.

Mamma loved her Seally Posterpedic, my sis and I, both, had backaches after a night on it. I loved my pillow top. Now, I have a Memory Foam, no valleys, except when I need to turn over, then I have to fight my way out of the indention my body made, that disappears as soon as I move, but I feel great when I wake up.
BeckyO
Thank you for your kind words Becky! I feel that I deserve a nice bed - but to have someone else say it is helpful, means a lot to me!
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:29 pm So I am in the market for a double bed and I don't even know where to start. I want something I can order online. I want to be able to order a COMPLETE BED - box spring, whatever they're called, mattress, headboard, footboard, the whole shabang -

and I don't want to spend over $500.00. I want something that will be delivered all at once. If someone comes to set it up, great - if not, I can do that with help from a friend or two.

Where do I begin? I am CLUELESS. I have NEVER had a new bed of my own in my whole life - ever. Right now I sleep on the futon that was my ex's before we moved in together. It is too low to the ground and not comfortable.

I want a new bed of my own. Is what I am looking for (see above) out there and available online? Thank you friends.
Have you given any thought to a platform bed? They are meant to be used with a "mattress-in-a-box" or any memory foam, innerspring type mattress that doesn't necessarily need a box springs (but can be used with one)?

We exchanged the king for a queen. Both the bed, itself, and the mattress came from Walmart and were delivered by FedEx. The bed's shipping weight was about 65 pounds and it has a weight allowance of 500 pounds. It was on "rollback" when I ordered and cost $125.00, down from $165.00. The mattress weighed about 88 pounds (the FedEx truck sent two people that day and they carried it into the house) and is definitely a two-person lift from awkward size alone (basic queen size). Takes the mattress a few hours to fully reach it's size (this one is 14" tall) because they are tightly compressed, wrapped in plastic layers and shipped in boxes about a foot square and the full length of whatever size you buy. The mattress was much more expensive than the bed (about $500.00) because I decided to purchase a name brand with almost all 5* ratings across the board.

My son put the bed together (he's is a whiz with such things and didn't even need the instructions). Love it!

*edited for spelling
rinty

Post by rinty »

We recently bought a memory foam mattress for our guest bedroom, nice quality and its comfortable.

I think mattresses and beds are things you can't stint on.

DS goe sthrough beds REALLY quickly, he either breaks them ( cos he is a man with the mind of a toddler and can't realise what he is doing ) or the mattresses become too soiled even using HEAVY DUTY protectors. It would be tempting to buy him a rubbish bed but his comfort matters to us. I soend hoping the better quality beds will somehow last longer. This last one comes with a 5 yr guarantee ( which I wouldn't claim on as his use is not "normal" use ) It is standing up so far though.

I love our bed, its my little nest and sleep haven.

Its a big kingsize sleighbed in heavy dark wood. LOVE IT. Its like the type of bed I wouldl have wanted as a little girl. We have good quality duvets and pillows. Its solid and holds a deep mattress and we have a mattress topper on top of that for extra comfort.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So glad that you found a bed you love. Sometimes a person just needs to sleep on comfort.

Have fun decorating your bedroom.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/